[BUG] Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Axis (Axis

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Since World Update IV I’m struggling with the following:

Since this weekend I’ve purchased the CRJ to do some regional jetting, before I was mostly flying prop aircraft. However, I noticed a very strange behaviour of the ENG 2 Throttle (AXIS 4) on the Bravo. About the lower half of the quadrant the throttle does not respond and then goes either to idle (when moving down) or to 50% when mvoing up from idle. See video below.

In the settings menu of MSFS, as well as in the CRJ EFB, I can see that the value of the axis is reading out fine and thus registering all the movement. I don’t see any glitches or deadzones (keep watching the video where I demonstrate this). So it’s not a apparent hardware problem. All the sensitivities are the same of all axis and on linear.

It’s not specific to the CRJ, I’ve also tested on the 787 and got the same behaviour.

Anyone has seen this issue before?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Configuration:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• See video

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

• Ryzen 5900X
  • 64GB RAM
  • RTX 3080

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

• World Update IV

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

• Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

• Not yet

No one has this issue?

Have you updated the CRJ (either through ASInstaller or Content Manager). There was a bug with the CRJ update after SU4, that’s now fixed if you have the latest option.

I’m also moving this into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft as it’s not a native MSFS bug

Yes it was updated, but it’s not specific to the CRJ. I’ve tested the native 787 as well and have similar behaviour. Hence it has something to do with the Bravo configuration in MSFS itsel.

Ah check. I’ll move it back into #bugs-and-issues:hardware

Hi,

have you tried calibrating the Bravo via the windows control panel?

Greets,
Ben

i’m using the exact same layout on the bravo for flying the fbw airbus a320nx, and have no issues with the throttle axis there. CJ4 (Working title version) has no issues either. Are you sure there’s no other device that might be registering inputs that are mapped to that same axis?

Have a look on the self help peripherals section of the forum. I had the 50% problem and it was solved by a guy that suggested that the Windows calibration tool just needs setting to default, I.e. DONT calibrate.

1 Like

Hey Ben,
Thanks for this reminder. I was having problems with my Bravo controller acting erratic. Tried everything short of reinstall or repair of Bravo. Turned out it was the Windows Calibration. Reset that and it all went back to normal.
Art

how do you get to the windows calibration tool? when i google it , it just mentions a monitor calibration tool (for displays)?

Control Panel
Devices and Printers
You will see your controllers
Right Click on one of the controllers
Select the controller to calibrate
Choose settings tab
Select Calibration and run each of the axes

Helped me solve a similar problem

Art

1 Like

what is the maximum # or buttons it can see? it shows 32 for alpha and bravo, but the switches on the bravo (7) do not show, but i suspect it’s because windows can only see 32. also the axis calibration is assuming an x and y axis and there isn’t such a thing on the bravo, only sliders so i can’t really calibrate in there.

Bump. I have the same problem. Calibration didn’t work. Contacted Honeycomb support but they haven’t responded. Anyone solved it?

I have the same problem with the Honeycomb Bravo. It was okay before SU4 and SU5.
After I finally got sim working with the Bugs. The throttle axis sensitivity has to be altered to a non linear axis to have it go from 0 -100. This being a short term fix I hope

I had a major problem with my Bravo Throttle yesterday.
Whatever I did, never got to more than 2/3 rpm. Most planes had serious takeoff issues.
Tried everything I knew (or could google).
Uninstalled planes. The reinstalled
deleted/reinstalled community folder.

Well, it seems that I turned the magnetos to off on the Alpha the day before.
Turned them on (Both) and voila!.

Not every issue is due to Asobo or MS.
In this case. it was my error. Gotta do them checklists!

How did you do that?

rotary switch bottom right.
Was shut down the day prior.
Not turned on again the next day.
Engine started as off, and Ctrl E started the engine, so I thought all was good. Wasn’t.
Fixed with a scan of all switches!.

Did you find a fix?

I am experiencing the same issue on the Aerosoft Twin Otter. Shows the same behaviour on the USB Game Controller calibration screen but works without issue on another laptop, so I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.

I wiped and re-installed Windows on my gaming rig but the issue persists with and without a USB hub.

[quote=“HollowMass, post:18, topic:406541”]
and re-installed Windows on my gaming rig but the issue persists with and without a USB hu
[/quote]I’m having the same issue. Honeycomb haven’t responded?

Mine ended up going back to Aerosoft (the European distributor) for replacement due to a hardware fault.