[BUG LOGGED] Anoying "dot" cursor and mouse when switching inside/outside view

Ah ok. Would never consider using a flightsim with a console controller so no wonder I didn’t know about it

1 Like

Well, I guess not everyone is willing to splash out the cash for some “real” flight controls.
There’s better causes to give my monetas towards.

A simple joystick is the minimum to have some simulator to it. But that’s a matter of opinion I guess.

I agree. Every piece of hardware I upgraded during my life was worthwhile.

1. First joystick;
  2. Joystick with throttle;
  3. Joystick with throttle and twist handle;
  4. Joystick with throttle, twist and force feedback (oh, how I miss that!);
  5. HOTAS;
  6. HOTAS and rudder pedals.

Every time I had to learn to fly again, but every time the experience was so much better.

To whoever sees my rig, I explain that its how I’m living my midlife crisis. Every gamer kid eventually gets to earn enough money to do something like this, but not all at once.

It’s extremely annoying and is ruining many video recordings!

Do not understand why this was implemented for PC.

It’s like dust on the sensor of a camera.

Please give us the ability to toggle it completely off. Legacy mode nor lock mode remove it. It crops up about 50% of the time when I pan the cockpit view.

SU6 is Beautiful, but that white dot is the stain that ruins the view.

I don’t have this issue but I have seen a control to “hide the mouse cursor” so I’m wondering if that would help you. Maybe you can hide it when it’s not wanted.

The money is certainly there, but definitely not the will to spend it on unnecessary plastic toys. Luckily I don’t have a midlife crisis either.
Another great way of dealing with it though would be to donate your cash to some environmental protection programs…which is what I highly enjoy doing with mine. Bits of molded plastic and springs vs potentially saving multiple endangered species…it should be a no brainer what creates more joy and satisfaction in the long run. Maybe why I’m midlife crisis free?

“bUt ThAt’S a MaTtEr Of OpInOn I gUeSs…”

This to me looks like a Xbox “feature” that carried over to PC unnecessarily. That happens a lot lately.

Update:

2 Likes

I had this exact problem, then I changed my pre-SU5 mouse control profile to the new default and It appears to have gone away. :crossed_fingers:t2:

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It’s still happening, but less. Also, parking the mouse cursor on a panel window between view switches seems to help, but the problem comes roaring back when I don’t.

Really hoping to see a proper fix to this in SU6. Pretty please.

Supposedly this is supposed to be fixed in Sim Update 6. Hopefully that’s the case.

1 Like

Sorry, Mod moved my post.
Title was: “Dot is still there after SU6”

Why?
This thing is driving me crazy! Ahhh. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thought it was supposed to disappear with SU6?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-september-16th-2021-development-update/453975

It is fixed in SU6. I don’t see it anymore.

Negative. Still there for me.

2 Likes

Yes the white dot is still there even though MS promises that it would be fixed in SU6. The toy is still a toy

Mhmm how do you repro the issue? Because I definitely don’t have it anymore when switching views back and forth.
I actually never got the white dot, only the double mouse cursor.
I’m using an Xbox 1 controller.

Funnily enough, it now seems to be bound to using a Microsoft (!) Xbox controller on PC.

Hello Microsoft, please test your software against your own hardware. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Still there, but more randomly. Annoying anyway.

No microsoft Xbox controller here.

Same here. No more cross-eyed mouse cursor when switching from external view, which is a huge relief. Never saw the white dot.

Using an Elite 2 Xbox controller with reWASD.

Hi everyone, this issue is fixed since SU6!
The dot disappear few seconds after using the controller.

Make sure that if a controller is connected, the joystick doesn’t enter input which would result in seeing the dot constantly.

The dot disappear few seconds after using the controller.

The dot must not appear at all. What function does it provide on PC other than to annoy?

3 Likes