[BUG LOGGED] My Way Achievement does not unlock

I just got ‘My Way’ through tonight after a delay (there always seems to be a delay in getting these awards through). I’ve been dual timing on my Laptop(PC) and XBox. This morning I did a flight on the PC/Laptop down to Toulouse (LFBO) from Edinburgh (EGPH), flight time was 2 1/4 hrs, with default 787 dreamliner, both of these are easy airports to navigate around the taxiways.

Rules-

1. Turn sim assistance settings to ‘True to Life’, no ‘custom’ anything in assists.
  2. Make sure AI Pilot is OFF and AI ATC is off before hitting the battery switch to start #3
  3. Cold start no assists (don’t hit the eyeball on the checklist to zoom around cockpit, scroll manually to view of panels/controls (or use CTRL+8 etc on keyboard) and manually toggle switches, use checklist only for ticking off completed items.
  4. Manually transit taxiways
  5. Manually do ATC
  6. Autopilot is fine for whole route just manually change FL’s according to ATC
  7. ILS approach/landing is fine, land, exit runway, contact ground and manually nav taxiways to parking/gate. Note: You can use external camera in this process.
  8. Park (in my case in a parking area not a gate), & turn off engines (I did this by SHIFT-CTRL-E) and it appears it was fine to do this.

Other points of note:

ATC: I’m always bad at going away from the screen for 5 min, and it always seems to coincide with getting assigned a handoff by ATC, and when I don’t respond in 30sec they drop me. I have to request an IFR following again to the same original IFR plan from them. I did this twice enroute, it works, it doesn’t seem to matter.

VIEWS: A few times enroute I used external camera including on approach to Toulouse, and again it doesn’t seem to matter for this award.

CHECKLISTS: For ages I had the OPTION to auto complete checklist and also verbal confirmation of checklists. Somewhere in settings I turned this off too. Even if you don’t use it.

FUEL: I accepted the default 50% fuel and loading configs settings and did no manual changes to this before taking off.

Again this was achieved on my Laptop(PC) not my XBox X. The award popped through while I was on my XBox X several hours later, much like some of the other awards I’ve got through recently.

3 Likes