[BUG LOGGED] My Way Achievement does not unlock

Not at the arrival airport. I did what I usually do all the time in the world map flight planner

1. Choose departure airport
  2. Choose destination airport
  3. Select IFR (low altitude airways)
  4. Select Gate at departure airport (for a cold start at the gate)
  5. Set SID (can’t remember, I may have just gone for ‘direct’ here instead)
  6. Select arrival runway with ILS approach
  7. Set STAR (optional) as many of the stars don’t make sense. ( I may have left as direct, I can’t remember)

Also note this award was all completed on a PC not my XBox.

Thank you for your response. That makes much more sense - I was always wondering why those slides seemed out of order every week… And I appreciate your looking into the status of the bug too. With any luck it will get fixed accidentally when Asobo looks into the code for parking detection or whatever else is screwing this up so badly.

2 Likes

I remember 2 achievements popping after my second or third landing in the Bugalaga landing challenge. Strangely they did not pop on my first successful attempt at landing there. My first attempts score was awful, so I tried again a few more times to improve it, and on one of those attempts the Uphill Climb and On The Green achievements popped. No idea why they never popped on my first try though.

has anyone tried with the new update? I havent had a chance, but I hope to fly this evening. Looks like the ATC still comes on when you turn on AI Pilot

1 Like

My unsuccessful attempt with the new update:

1. True-to-Life difficulty
  2. Cold & Dark startup (No shortcuts or assists finding controls)
  3. Manual Flight (IFR, Autopilot)
  4. Manual ATC
  5. Manual Comms
  6. ILS Landing
  7. Manual Taxi
  8. Parked with Ground Crew
  9. Shutdown
2 Likes

I have unlocked most of them. My way is a waste of time and none of the suggested ways will work. It’s broken so don’t waste your time until it’s confirmed to have been fixed.

2 Likes

Maybe any achievement that includes the “without assistance” requirement is broken. The “Job shadowing” achievement which requires “without assistance” as well fails as well to unlock.

Furthermore the sim stopped to record miles flown with autopilot. I am stuck at 95/100 in the “Look ma, no hands” achievement.

Not really… I have tried My Way about 30 times without success but I was able to unlock Job Shadowing very easily, even using the function Travel To final! So much for no assistance…
My Way is 100% bugged and they have finally acknowledged it.

Is there some kind of update?

No, they just took note of the bug and they will work on it (hopefully soon)

I’ve done all of those except my way. The non logged hours and miles is a different big issue all together.

Why is this thread marked as “feedback logged” rather than “bug logged”? (Looking at the icon, not the title)

It’s absolutely insane. What an embarrassment the Achievements are in this sim. Something so simple that literally every other developer, including 1 person dev teams implement successfully for every steam and Xbox product with a few simple lines of code.

We still have no idea if it’s on track to be fixed at any point. Simply astonishing.

Delete the post because it’s beyond screwed up that you don’t fix it. It also could be the IDENT because if you hit acknowledge from the ATC it automatically updates the IDENT if it’s not turned on before acknowledging which is a bug in the game.

It’s not funny. How it is possible that My Way Achievement is so long unobtaible. Nobody can repair that?

1 Like

Thing is, it isn’t just this achievement. I know many of you have been able to complete other achievements — most likely earlier on in the sim’s lifetime.

I’ve got a number of them that simply won’t unlock even though I’ve fulfilled the requirements over and over in my regular flying time.

It is weird that many of them worked and now don’t. I find that as strange a thing as them not getting fixed.

1 Like

Probably you have right. I need only my way (bugged) and 10 spotlight events(was only one for half year!!!- where next 9?? - next 4 years???)

1 Like

I feel your pain. For some context (this is relevant), I got MSFS the day it was released on Xbox which was also the release of SU5. From what I understand, My-Way was still bugged, but there was a workaround that could be exploited by having the AI taxi the plane to the parking spot after landing. By the time SU5 rolled around, the PC users who cared about the Achievement already had it (probably many who didn’t care got it as well…it’s a really basic task that we do every day).

I started racking up as many Achievements as I could. It was a fun side-activity and served as a way to orient myself with the sim (there’s an Achievement for changing weather mid-flight) for example. I also completed all the landing challenges and all the bush flights (I got Achievements for all 3 of those).

Then I started noticing threads where newcomers were having issues with Achievements that worked for me with no issue. Simple ones like landing on an incline greater than X amount of degrees, or landing on a grass strip.

My point is: I 100% agree it’s not just the My-Way Achievement that needs to be fixed. Also, just because someone was able to complete an Achievement in the past, it doesn’t mean that it’s possible to complete it now.

Asobo needs to take a serious look at all Achievements and the code that makes them function, make adjustments, and test them to make sure they work properly.

1 Like

There was just an update that the notes claim the settings no longer change to easy without someone changing them. I wonder if this effects anything here.

Someone tried?