[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

I voted, but I don’t expect weather to be fully fixed and functioning as stated in the Feature Presentation until Sim Update 47 or maybe 53. Weather is good enough for screenshots (with fluffy clouds), so it really is not a priority. DirectX 18 and “Super Enhanced PBR” are likely to delay finally fixing the weather. Then something else will likely come along to cause further delays; even making up holidays to take more vacations…5 day weekends even, anything to avoid that terrible sin of aviation realism.

It may be in the schedule for SU6 + SU7, but I will not believe it until I see it.

Maybe someday there will finally be some respect for aviation related realism.

3 Likes

You think like me! Thank you!

Agree maybe they decide to put in some effort to make the things that make the plane fly work. But by then maybe nobody uses this anymore.

1 Like

The wind gusts work good until the last simupdate 5. So it should be not so difficult to bring us the wind gusts back.

We said that too after simupdate 4 when it stopped working. It hasn’t worked since su4

1 Like

The problem with the missing wind gusts was in my system first in simupdate 5. In simupdate 4 it was possible for me to set some wind gusts in the weather settings. Strange msfs 2020 :upside_down_face:

the topic of this issue started 2 june before sim update 5 its strange

1 Like

Okay. Perhaps I have it wrong in my memory. But we have the common opinion. Asobo should fix the missing wind gusts✌️

3 Likes

Just wanted to show you what we are missing. This is a video from around the release of this sim. Look from 4:15 for he to explain the windgusts and for 6:40 when he taking off and landing at 12:50. Look at the airspeeds goes up and down when he starting to increase the engine power. When the wind gets lighter the plane sinks and when the gust is blowing your plane goes up. This makes the landing much more unpredicted. His settings are very extreme but thinks it’s needs to be to show everyone thats what we are missing.

2 Likes

Now it works like this. winds blowing in a constant speed that you can see on the airspeed. The airspeed should go up and down depending on how strong the gusts are. In the end of the clip i change the speed of the wind. That works not the gusts. Hope this helps the devs to find the bug. Hoping they manage to fix it. I think when you know that this bug is in you have a hard time to get in the sim and fly because you allways know that it’s something missing. I think it’s worse than the lod popping but maybe thats only me. Interested in what you think here?

3 Likes

Soon we will get an answere i hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to see the topic getting some attention!

Yeah me too because we want this feature working again :slight_smile:

In my opinion it should feel and look something like this when METAR reports gusts in liveweather. I’ve just draged the wind slider up&down to make it feel gusty. You see it’s not flying like on a rail. Hope they can make it feel something like this in the future with a gardient like the wind just that the gusts decreases the higher you are like it is in IRL. I know it’s a bit extreme, this is just to show.

What do you think?

For now we are just happy to have it back as it where before su4 i think.

2 Likes

Can’t we just merge the two threads in order to combine the votes and hopefully get it fixed.

It would be bad if they not know this is a problem already. I think they know. I just want to be more precise so they realy see what the problem is :slight_smile:

Hopefully. So far they gave the impression that they prioritize the bug fixes based on the number of votes the topics get (other times they just seem to randomly pick fixes).

1 Like

I think this kind of bug should never need a voting to begin with.

2 Likes

Well your opinion and also mine, but not necessarily Asobos.

2 Likes

You are right. Hope they make this more prioritised now. Otherwise i will not use this more. It’s making me dissapointed

1 Like

Well that is why I suggested to combine the votes 83 plus ca. 130 from the thread you started. You do the math. But it is your and this threads owners choice.