[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

Can you feel those windchanges in liveweather because i can’t anymore. I think the bug is also in the liveweather but in liveweather we can’t see the graphs so it’s hard show the bug in that weather mode. Hope Jane will tell the devs! Good you sent a message to her.

2 Likes

Yep, sadly it’s broken since SU4 live weather or not…
for me it’s easy to try the live weather when checking airports from:
https://www.badbadweather.com/gust

Usually there are enough airports to test with wild gusts. When it was working, that was the way for me to challenge myself in extreme weather.

2 Likes

Yes, since May 25th when SU4 hit. Crazy.

Finally I found people talking about the same issue. I had even filed a ticket with support on zendesk. So its a known thing now.

1 Like

No, there are no gusts.

I hope Jane can advocate for this one. It really is a huge component missing from the sim.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really miss the challenge of hand flying in gusty weather. Without gusts it’s so simple.

Glad you found this thread. We need all the help we can get :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the reports - sent it to the dev team just in case they haven’t identified this bug yet!

8 Likes

Thank you Jayne! Greatly appreciated!

@Jummivana thank you so much!! Your help is immensely vital to the community! :trophy:
This long lasting regression is crucial for realistic simulation, we are looking forward to get it working soon!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Haha I knew something was missing but I couldn’t put my finger on it. No wind gusts! That’s why landing has been so easy.

4 Likes

I too thought I was doing something wrong when I tried to add wind gusts while flying over the Sierra Nevada’s but the resulting flight was rather tame. It’s disheartening to see a fundamental flightsim feature broken since SU4.

5 Likes

Read through an old thread about an earlier Q&A with devs talking about limit of the up&downdrafts. Hope they didnt removed the gusts becuase they think we dont know why we blows away in the gusty wind. I want to have realistic drafts too, hope they remove the limit of that soon. Here is the thread about it. It’s closed so you can’t vote on it. Realistic Up and Downdraft option

Here is the link to a wishlist of that if you want to vote on it Thermals, Up & Downdrafts - Realism update needed!

2 Likes

A flight sim for me is about the possibility of training in this kind of conditions.

Enough of this “dead” atmosphere that makes me sleepy…
Can we have our gusts back please ? :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Crazy. No mention of this from the Devs at all (that I know of). Nothing.

1 Like

problem is people still get paid even to inappropriate things like that. if pay was linked to fixing things then it would be repaired rapidly.

3 Likes

Dev q&a coming up on 8 september. Hope they bring up this issue.

2 Likes

I see a few weather/wind related items listed for the Live Dev Q&A coming up. I certainly hope they address this!!

4 Likes

If you want to test this in liveweather too wich is fun if it works. Just look at the weathermap on meteoblue.com and choose a place over ocean with much wind and look at wind and windgust category. You will see that the lowest windspeed on wind category will be pretty accurate in the sim but the wind will almost never go over/under that speed even if the windgust-category shows much more windspeed. It’s like flying on rails you don’t even need to adjust the plane. just let it go and see how unrealistic it is.

Hope i made it clear.

2 Likes