[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

Yeah, there are unfortunately many things missing that would make approaches challenging - wind gusts, windshear, very low VIS/RVR’s, very low ceilings/VER VIS.
I hope that now after making performance adjustments the team will focus on making weather better and actually challenging.

1 Like

I have the same issue on Series X - i open a Ticket. Anything more i can do ?

2 Likes

You can pray it will be solved in the next sim update, which is due mid Semptember.

1 Like

Same issue here. Hope it will get fixed some time. Had much more fun flying when it worked. The flying got more unpredicted when it worked. I miss the wind gusts! Have sent a zendesk with a video showing the issue.

3 Likes

Well, I doubt this will get fixed anytime soon considering a “vote for the bug/feature” system. Tbh, I’m one update shy from uninstalling MSFS.

1 Like

This issue is not only PC releated it is also on console.

1 Like

this issue is long standing, they do plan a weatheroverhaul sometime.
i rather wish they opened up the weather to 3rd party liek the guys form active sky.

1 Like

Same issue. I tried to setup some wind disturbances on Xbox version, but it didnt work. I thought I did something wrong.

1 Like

No… it’s been broken since Sim Update 4 (I think). Prior to that, it actually worked.

Just saw the post about another hotfix on the way.

They are putting a LOT in there, and while I’m very thankful for that, the pre-release notes don’t mention any wind related fixes.

It could be that they are aware of the issue and are going to include a fix, but I saw no mention of it.

With wind being such an important part of flying, it’s really strange that it hasn’t received more attention, more votes, more complaints. Puzzling.

4 Likes

i agree, Without wind flying would not be possible it should be the number one priority to fix and improve over graphics everybody is angry about. This is a flight-simulator not a graphics-simulator.

2 Likes

For me the same. I’m not getting any wind gust regardless of how I set the slider… So many bugs in the sim…

1 Like

It is mind boggling that this problem hasn’t gotten more attention… to the point of outrage from a bunch of people.

The only reason I can think of is that when people fly with the Live Weather option, they wouldn’t see the sliders, wind chart. The only time this would be real apparent, is when the wind is being adjusted manually.

Otherwise, I think this would have been voted up very quickly to a high-level.

1 Like

I only flew Live Weather until it went to hell sometimes before SU5 ; so I thought I’d do some crosswind landing training in a Cub, set my wind parameters and stumbled upon this very bug, the whole wind gust subsystem is shot.

I see from this thread that this has been this way for over two months now ?! Oh come on … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, it’s really disappointing.

And, if you look at the posts at the beginning of this thread, there is one that says:

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:
I escalated the problem, so it will be checked!

That was posted by a Forum Moderator Team Member, and Zendesk tickets were submitted by me and others. So the Devs should have this on their radar. If not, how can we get it on their radar?

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say this is a really important problem that should already have been addressed. But, it hasn’t even been acknowledged by the Devs.

3 Likes

I think they should categorize the top bugs list in developement update as they do in the the bugs & issues in this forum. Then they get the top bugs in every category.

1 Like

That would certainly help. I’m all for it. Anything to bring more visibility to the problem. It’s Sim wide, PC and Xbox.

It’s ridiculous that it’s gone this long and there hasn’t even been mention of it from the Dev Team.

Perhaps a YouTube content creator can help the cause?

If anyone has any ideas on how to get the Dev Team to assist, please post your thoughts. Thank you!

1 Like

You could also link Jane (Jummivana) in your topic or in the text. Perhaps she will read it and send the problem forward to the developers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! In fact, right after I made my last post, I sent her a private message with a link to this thread.

We really need help with this one…

1 Like

This is how it used to work for those new who doesent know how it should work.

2 Likes