[BUG LOGGED]Please fix the lights on AI Aircraft

Every aircraft folder has a systems.cfg

Make a back up of that file, replace the [ELECTRICAL] and see if it works.

1 Like

I’ll take a run at it tomorrow and advise.
Using IVAO for traffic so should be interesting.

I see in system.cfg there is also a [LIGHTS] section. Do you have legacy data for that?

No the [LIGHTS] section has the modern values.

Just tried changing the systems.cfg in the Asobo_Generic_Airliner_TwinEngines aircraft. Logged into VatSim at KSLC and it didn’t seem to fix the issue.

That is a A320 and not a generic twin engine.

I believe that is what is displayed now, in Volanta it was displaying the aircraft was a B739. vPilot the no suitable model setting is set to Generic Airliner Twin Engines Asobo 00

THANK YOU sir! Replacing ELECTRICAL with the LEGACY values has fixed my issues!!!

1 Like

Now you have a workaround until Asobo has figured it out.

I noticed the lack of AI plane lighting but wasn’t sure if SU5 or the hot-fix was to blame.

Hopefully Asobo can get this fixed in the next hot-fix (among a few other items
) :wink:

@ Chaezaa - You are a hero! This works perfectly with the IVAO AI aircraft and to be honest I think they look better than the lights that the simulator borked with SU5.

My sincere thanks to you.

Now let’s see if we can find a workaround for the following:

-The left nav light (red) is way off in the distance on some aircraft models.
-Right on touch down, the aircraft turns off nav/beacon/strobe lights. Once taxiing, the aircraft turns off remaining lights (taxi lights as well).

1 Like

i had to remove my fsx models since the mdls are causing me CTD, so back to my trusted A320 mod for livetraffic. That means no lighta. But if i replace the electrical system, wont it mess up my a320 that i fly?(i suppose if i use FBW it wont matter)

You could create a copy in your community folder and rename the airplane folder (and update the json file). Now you would have a plane for yourself and one for the traffic.

Normally the position of the lights is defined in the [LIGHTS] section of the systems.cfg and shouldn’t be random. The type in that section defines the light and turns it on or off at the right time.

Is there any way to make this a topic we can vote on?

I’m afraid I don’t know how.

You’re welcome to repost if you know.

Signed up for the forums just to thank you for figuring this out until Asobo recognizes and fixes the issue. I’ve managed to convert all of the IVAO x-csl models and Asobo generics just in time for the VATSIM Light Up North America event this week.

Thank you so much!

so ivao aircraft working for live traffic? how i getthem? maybe time to abadon fsx

The IVAO models for MSFS are based on gltf files and not mdl.

I can’t tell you how to get them because the last time i talked about it a moderator threatened me with “illegal activity”. It looks like other people can have whole threads about it and i get the yellow card.

1 Like