[BUG LOGGED] WU6 and night lighting broken

You mean: they can’t break it in the first place?

The Xbox setting we can’t change is broken.

2 Likes

Ooowww, that s**ks.

I worked 10 years in video games QA and this is perfectly unacceptable. You cannot let such issues (because this is not the first nor the only one) going through validation process.
Weird thing is that I worked with Asobo already and there was no such issues.

My two cents: they’re totally overwhelmed and it seems that the technical debt is getting bigger and bigger which is not a good sign.

1 Like

Yes, it is sad to say, but i agree with you. Especially on the xbox’s side. It is nearly a blocking issue. It should not have been delivered in the update, as it is a real regression.

And most of all, if on PC there is an easy workaround, it is not the case on xbox Series X.

This issue should be treated in extra priority, and a hotfix MUST be delivered very quickly.
What is the most surprising is the fact that they have not detected this before releasing the WU6 (or they have only tested it on PC).

I don’t remember when SU6 is supposed to be available but if it’s in a long time, they’ll definitely release a hotfix because as you said, there is no workaround on Xbox.

Yes, this is the most problematic fact here. If there was no console version, this fix could have been delayed until another update, as a workaround is available. But console’s user cannot afford such a temporary solution.

I have a 3080 and get solid 60 FPS at ultra settings. Even in large photogrammetry cities. (Render scale set to 100). So a 3070 or 2080 could probably pull at least 30 FPS at the same settings, which is completely acceptable for a flight sim.

Don’t know what CPU you have but i have a 11900K and can’t get 60FPS near big cities/airports because i will be limited by the main thread before that. And the 11900K is currently the best CPU for single threaded performance.

If i change the resolution to 1080p the CPU will often struggle to reach 40FPS at Ultra settings in places like London and Paris.

Nice to see a reponse but really this is “101”? Not one tester for this WU noticed it?

First time flying at night on my Series X. I thought ■■■ is wrong? Maybe the update didn’t get applied properly? So I reinstalled the whole game again still messed up.

A quick google brought me here. At least I’m not alone and my system’s not borked or something. Sadly unlike the PC guys us console plebes don’t get access to those sliders to fix it…

Hopefully a fix comes soon. I wish I can uninstall an update.

3 Likes

This is happening to me too! I uninstalled & re-(downloaded) the entire game again and just found this post! Hopefully this fix will not need me to redownload everything again!

Take it we won’t be getting a hotfix before the weekend?

:pensive:

+1 here. Landing yesterday night at Lille apt (north of France) with an ocean of floating and bouncing lights all over the place. Blamed my pint of lager but no, that was as real as this game gets….
However, day scenery looks amazing to me…. Just the night stuff is annoying. Hope they’ll fix it without breaking something else.

1 Like

No, we’ll get it next week.

Destroyed is an understatement.
The floating orbs would be funny if not so infuriating.
The lighting was impressive on initial release. They’ve made a joke of it at this point.

Still no word on if this will be fixed with a hot fix this week? Would be nice to be able to fly at night on the Xbox again!!

2 Likes

These issues are just gutting to say the least.

Any updates from the team on this?

i bet it will be fixed with next SU. I prefer they take time and make a correct fix

No way. Console players need a hotfix. This is not something that can be strung along.

It’s broken with no work around.