[BUG LOGGED] WU6 and night lighting broken

seems to be as lights are reflecting on a ‘‘glass’’

because sometimes when you move your view, everything is ok

1 Like

At this point I would not even hazard a guess:

Lightning in clear blue skies,
‘Real-World’ traffic that flies all over the place then spawns and disappears instantly,
Parking spaces and airport equipment in the lobby of your hotel,
No lights on aircraft at night,
‘The Alps’ on taxiway Bravo (at MAJOR airports btw)
Being able to see horizontally for miles thru 1000 ft overcast,
No way to adjust the visibility (fyi, Flight-sims in fact weather sims also; or at least they should be),
100’s of volcanic eruptions that are passed off as ‘clouds’… and on it goes

Oh, did I mention we are over a year past release and most of these were not issues at the start.

But hey, Japan, the US and a lot of Europe have never looked better… :worried:

Asobo, just a suggestion and it’s been made by many others…#$%@ -can the WU and fix the ■■■■ sim first.

Yours truly,
A concerned customer

6 Likes

There’s a video and a screenshot in the thread. Long story short, city lights are floating above the city and look as if they are reflections on the windows.

1 Like

Setting render scaling to 100 (from 120) fixes this for me.

1 Like

I went from 100 to 120 (ironically) and got this.

1 Like

This one is really… I don’t even have words for the f up.
I wanted to check the lights of other aircraft above Frankfurt Airport, so I slided the time to midnight and found myself thrown right into what seems to be a LSD trip. Great experience, not so great quality control:

The videos are way better in showing what’s up.

3 Likes

Hmm interesting, I do use 120 scaling from 1440p. Will test this right away

“Team is currently investigating this issue.” So what were the team doing before this update release exactly? Genuine question.

13 Likes

ah… it is the “drunken” filter for flying :rofl:

1 Like

Weird, all I see is just amazing looking night lighting…
I cant even tell if it is autogen or photogrammetry… hehe.

1 Like

Update: I play the game at 1440p

Here’s render scaling 120:

Render scaling 100:

Render scaling 70:

seems like pals at asobo are still on their famous august sabbatical…

they simply don’t have the concept of testing and quality control.

4 Likes

I use 4k with renderscaling 80

I’ll test it out tomorrow, have to be out at 5am

But… thanks for Info :wink:

Just flown from Oxford to Leeds as it got dark.

Can confirm the night lighting is completely humped. The terrain is pitch black, and there were what looked like fireworks (some actual lights) floating upwards constantly. No roads were lit etc.

This needs a hotfix, otherwise flying at night is a none starter, just as the days get shorter.

3 Likes

I was just about to post about this… good job buddy!

Well this is what happens when people keep asking for sliders and switches for every option under the sun. It seems depending on your settings layout you may or may not see this. Every new config option added massively increases the number of combinations that must be tested.

1 Like

Just did a couple of tests over Hamburg and Zürich. Night lighting looks fine (using render scaling 100). I’ll check what happens when I change the render scaling.

Hamburg:

Zürich:

EDIT:

Yup, I can confirm that Render Scaling is the culprit:

Render Scaling 100

Render Scaling 120

Render Scaling 80

Render Scaling 100 again

2 Likes

You will have it

Its called SU6

So in summary I think it’s clear the “workaround” is to keep render scaling at 100, that may mean sacrificing resolution if you can’t get decent performance at your native resolution

1 Like

I just tested an I have the same issue as well. I agree, there has clearly been jack all testing done. Despite delaying the release…