Bug: Unexpected Abort during Bush Flying Test

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Bush Flying Test suddenly terminates with a "Warning: " dialog with no messagebox text.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start the bush flying test and proceed as normal. At the end of the trip you will be instructed to turn right and overfly the bay. After overflying the overfly point, the lesson will then instruct you to drop below 1000 feet and 75 kt. Shortly after accomplishing this goal, within 10 seconds, the lesson will suddenly terminate, with a "Warning: " dialog with no message text. No explanation is offered for the lesson abort.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBox series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @DrS0ftware,
Are you using English as the language in MSFS?

Yes, English. I also have an Honeycomb Alpha XPC yoke.

1 Like

Finally passed it after the upteenth try. So what seems to be happening, is that after you get the turn to dogfish bay, if you take to long to do anything, you get that behavior. So, for example, get to <75kt, <1000ft, then have an altitude excursion, or take too long to lower the flaps, or take too long to lower the landing gear, or fly out into the bay too far. Also, the tutorial makes you fly over the bay, but doesn’t make it clear that the runway is actually BEHIND YOU.

Still, the lesson aborts without telling you what went wrong, and without allowing you to view the lesson summary screen, and all of the errors should be recoverable but just cost you points.

@DrS0ftware,

If you can reproduce, can you give us a screenshot of your warning box?

Thanks!

@HamMan2118 edited the original post. Completely black screen save for the dialog.

Also, video:

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ll try to reproduce and get back to you!

EDIT:

@DrS0ftware, I tried to reproduce on both my PC and Xbox and couldn’t get the error message. I’ll see if some others can repro, but in the mean time, I’ll keep trying to reproduce! :slight_smile:

Hmmm… the fastest way I could reproduce it was to be incompetent, like switching between the yoke and controller every time you need to do something, or go wild on the power settings. The easiest thing to do seemed to be to just fly out to sea. Good luck!

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the exact same issue, everything goes perfectly, but just after flying over the landing spot, the warning message pops up and requires trying again, which does the same thing. No way to complete the training flight I can see. I have an A for every other segment of the training. I am using a PC.

Suggestion. It’s been a while since I’ve flown it, but after exiting the canyon, pull back the throttle to get a stabilized descent, make a right 90 turn, and then a gradual left 270 turn to line up with the runway. After trying and failing many times, I think you need to be within a certain airspeed, altitude and distance from the runway before some kind of timer runs out. I have not scientifically tested it as I was just glad that I finished and didn’t want to endure more pain. I’m thinking if you overfly the landing spot, it might determine that you aren’t setup properly for landing. (Trent Palmer rule baked into the game?)