Building Package but not creating .json

Good day,

I was editing an existing airport but after some hours of work, I realize now the package folder just contains the “contentinfo” and “scenery” folder. Business.json / layout.json / manifest.json and the .bgl under packages/myairport/scenery folder are missing when I hit built package.

I must say when I load in editor I can still see all my project, modify, save etc. Its just that its not building the package correctly.

Any idea why??? Thanks a million!!!

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem!!! I have two airports, different projects obviously but started same time as they are with 10km of each other. One is fine, the other will not generate the manifest or layout.json and as far as I can tell the asset folders are the same. Reinstalled the newest sdk, bumped the community folder, cleared the project, rebuild it.

Building is failing if it doesn’t create those files. Post a screesnshot of the build log

yup my bad, a png was 256x254 lmao. but with the new sdk’s issue I just kinda got ahead of myself. thanks for the reminder.
@marcfootage still send that log if you are having issues!

I deleted my project and started all over again…

But guess what… now sudden CTD when i try to load editor or build package. Just like that, after some hours of work, it just happens.

Now im like an idiot every 5 minutes saving the entire working folder in FSProjects as “save scenery” do not work at all in case of a sudden CTD.

Are you using the new sdk? V10? If so I would just Uninstall it and reinstall the last version and see if that helps.
Also don’t forget to remove all your community folder items before loading a new project, it can cause issues.
Ummm what else, what is it you are building?
Remove your assets and re add the one by one if you have customs

Oh another thing, with v10 sdk adding light paths can cause an immediate ctd.

Well I discover whats was causing all the mess…

I was copy pasting (objects, aprons shape, lines, etc) without puting a name on it.
Then it autogenerated a name like: (copy) (copy) (copy) (copy) (copy) and that was causing a CTD.

Now its too much work naming everything i want to double but at least its working :smiley:

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi everyone.
The same is happening to me.
I have edited several airports with ADE F20 adding lights to the platforms at night, but with SDK version 0.14.1 I try with LEZL and, after saving scenery, I hit Build & Export without success. This is the message it throws:

Por favor, ¿alguien sabe cómo solucionarlo? Estoy desesperado. Gracias.

Hello,
I have the same issue, did you find a solution ?
Thanks

I have this same issue too, did anyone find a solution?

Hello, I also also have the same issue when trying to export a project containing a POI only. Interrested to know you to fix this error. Thanks

Hello
I have the same issue. No matter what tutorial I follow, literally step by step, I come to the same ending - failed to create json file. Can’t find solution. I started having this problem after update in late November (or early December, whenever it was) 2021.
Has anyone managed to find a solution?

Ok, so I managed to do it and I’m able to create scenery and it’s creating .json file.
So what I did:

• uninstall and install again all SDK files for MSFS
  • when starting Dev Mode, I open the new project via tools/scenery editor/new project
  • Just do it as Federico here MSFS SDK Airport TUTORIAL - LIDL- EPISODE 1 - YouTube
  • When project is loaded do not go straight to inspector. I think, what I was missing was in the Project Editor file, before loading the project, I did not insert thumbnail picture and I was leaving manufacturer field blank.
    Now, this morning I did attach thumbnail and filled ALL fields there are in the Project Editor before going to Inspector and loading project. Than as before, I did what I had to, built the scenery than exported with no problems. Possibly it’s just the project editor needs ALL info for .json file to be created.
    Hope it makes sense.
1 Like

I added a thumbnail picture now my changes are actually saving when I build my project airport. This game is frustrating and I cant believe this is the fix. Thank you so much. You saved many hours of work, and 3 airports of mine. Thank you.

1 Like

This was also how I fixed the issue, you MUST have a thumbnail or it will fail to create the .json

1 Like