Buildings look very ugly in London

You do, don’t download the UK update or switch of Photo gammetry, it does look ugly close up but better from higher up 2k or so.

2 Likes

As an experiment, I tried installing Orbx London as well as the photogrammetry and while it works, it clearly highlights slight differences in the placing of major features, particularly the London Eye. But this picture clearly shows the biggest error, as Asobo have positioned the building known as the ‘Walkie Talkie’ the wrong way round!
Orbx have got it right, as the lower end of the sloping roof faces the Thames, but Asobo have it facing the city.

2 Likes

Your photogrammetry buildings look ugly too. Look just below the big tower in the middle and to the left of it.

1 Like

the same in france ( bordeaux, lille ). very degraded image in photogrammetry.

Try flying over Liverpool

It looks nothing like these in MSFS

1 Like

Yeah I was very disappointed in Liverpool. Prior to the update I had a freeware addon that had all the major landmarks and buildings especially along the water’s edge. Now it was a Google maps port so my guess is this is the best Bing has to offer at the moment.

Mine is looking bad as well. I cleared the rolling cache and made sure everything was on as it should be. Large patches in the nw section look like a tornado went through.

1 Like

On the left you can see how bad it looks.

1 Like

Hello guys, I have this problem I am flying over London and the objects come out as in the image, my configuration is high, I have an i7-9700k, an rtx 3070 and 32 Gb ram

1 Like

It seems you did not disable the ORBX London Landmarks. Disable them in the content manager and then check the results.

That is how photogrammetry looks from close distance. You have to fly above around 2000ft to really start seeing it correctly.

I notice during flight from London City Airport, that scenery is “twinkeling” and buildings near the Thames looks like earial photos. This since the “England/UK world update”. Also more ofthen “stutter” and messages, that “internet bandwith is too smal”.

I’m getting exactly the same issue as you. Looks like a zombie apocalypse in London and i’m flying over the aftermath of it. Buildings look terrible. I’m running it on Ultra and looks really bad. No idea what could be causing this. I’m just above Stamford Bridge football stadium, this doesn’t look right…

3 Likes

Yep same here they still haven’t fixed this terrible problem

1 Like

Same looks terrible ! And performance if I turn them off then I get solid 60 fps over London, with them on and looking like a bomb site its 10-15 fps stutterfest !

This is also caching (now we can again) the data on a M3 SSD taking 25Gb up apparently for London. Not a good update.

3 Likes

Makes no difference if you have ORBX enabled or not. Still looks like the end of the world

1 Like

I flew over New York City and Chicago and they both look as other described, very choppy looking. The colors look very flat too. The game in my opinion looks nothing like the trailers they release.

Buckingham Palace now looks like the CIA building at Langley. Queen Victoria’s statue also missing. Updated Orbx London City Scenery in Market Place today. This might the problem.

It looks as if Orbx might have hooked into an old build and/or MSFS is doing the same, There are suburban houses and buildings in Hyde Park.

What server are you receiving it from? I get it from the West Coast USA at about a ping of 57, download speeds of around 160 to 170. Is eveyone seeing what we are seeing?

When the UK update first came out B P look great. I’m sure they will fix it soon.

Also cleared Cache no change and reduced LOD to 100.

Beleive I have found the problem. Today I went to Marketplace it reported that everything was up to date and nothing needed to be updated, but still a messed up London. I did not check and fly NY.

I did the the UK update when it came out and flew it, everything was fine and London area UK map lit up like a Xmas tree. A few days later there was a 50 megabyte up date to Orbx’s London City scenery,

However later today I checked installed and it reported that the UK update was not installed even though as mentioned above it reported no updates were needed, too weird, I installed the UK update again everthing is now fine and looks great.

I am not sure if the Orbx update to London City removed the UK update when installing its own.

Please advise if any of you have seen the same thing happening to you.

It looks good with all the new 3d detailed buildings/vessels on the river and London Eye etc but the 3d photogrammetry is not - I believe - of enough quality to use yet. Maybe its just me but I reckon it would look better with all those recent additions sitting next to the previous autogenerated archetype buildings.
I have explored it in detail with the EC135 heli and it looks post-apocalypse unless from ~1500 ft.
Anyone agree?

1 Like