Bush trip starts at night

I am flying the alaska bush trip and keep running into night flying.

I have had a couple of CTDs during this trip, unsure if that is helping cause the problem? First time “the night” happened was after a CTD, when logging back to fly the leg again it was evening and the navlog was empty, but I went ahead as I already knew the route. Once I reached the destination the sun had already set and it was night (I was actually telling myself what a beautiful sim this was, giving me a sunset and a full moon rise to enjoy! lol). I was able to set it down on the moon lit runway, but when I loaded the next leg it was still dark and the navlog was still empty, blank. To fix I had to go back to the leg where I got the first CTD and refly most of the trip, time and navlog appeared to be fixed. On my last leg flown I landed with full daylight, got my check, and went to the landing challenges where I got another CTD (I fixed my CTD issues by adjusting graphics settings back to the suggested high instead of Ultra). But later when I went back to the Alaska bush trip my next leg loaded in pitch black night time, even though I landed in full overhead sunlight. My navlog is still populated this time though, no problem. In all of these cases, the preflight weather indicator box shows daylight.

I use active pause for selfies, but I do not believe I have let the sim run in pause for any length of time.

Any potential work arounds? I love the bush trips the most so far, but reflying legs that I have already flown multiple times is not an enjoyable experience.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Jeff