Bush trips - ability to change weather

I love doing the bush trips, but the weakest part of the experience is flying in the same weather conditions the whole time. Would be nice to have the option to switch to live weather or weather of my choosing and adjust the timings accordingly.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. I’ll check this out. Still would be nice iif asobo could include a simple button to click

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. The deafult weather went to clear skies and the weather menu was greyed out. When I checked back the .FLT file, the Weather preset field was set to clear skies. Any suggestions?

Worked for me. I just followed the instructions as above

1 Like

I did the same. In the screenshot, there was no file path next to the weather preset file. But for me there was. Did you also delete the Weather file path?

This is what the .FLT shows after I restarted the sim to load the bush trip. I tested it on two of them by following the instructions and the weather menu is still inactive. When I look at the .FLT file again, the preset file changes to clear skies and live weather fields change to False.

Any help would be appreciated!

Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.11 - 12.45.20.69

Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.11 - 12.45.13.80

Try changing the first .FLT file, not the last one generated after the completed bush leg.

This trick somehow is not working anymore!

There are some user made trips which let you chose the weather, so it would take minor effort on ASOBOs part to implement it II hope!

Bumping for visibility, as in SU10 Beta, they changed the savesystem for Bushtrips to cloudbased and it would be nice to let the user decide, if they want live weather or not.

1 Like