Bush trips Bugs un workable no nav logs

Now all Bush Trips are un playable. All bush trips navlogs now blank after a few legs. Except one which is now only playable at night. How are we to fly VFR in the pitch dark?? I have given up come on Get these bugs fixedBrief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Same here - Completed Nevada Bush Trip (NavLog empty on last legs but found my way), Patagonia completed (NavLog empty after 4th leg but found my way again) and now on Balkans - again NavLog empty but since Leg4 it’s night. No problem with illuminated airports but slightly boring - you miss the views…
Help!

2 Likes

Hm, I was thinking I was crazy, so, it’s true.

I went into dev mode and changed the time, then it was OK.

Yes, same here.

No NavLog on Balkan trip, plus it starts up at night.

Now make my own as per separate thread on the subject

1 Like

great - thanks! Worked perfectly. Apparently I forgot we ar all a bunch of beta testers so MS kindly supplied us with the Dev Mod. :smile:

Thanks for the tip. Whent into dev mode it worked a treat. Now just got to find out how to get the Nav Logs re populated in the other trips???

Glad I could help.

As for the NavLog, I’m stumped.

Actually, I’ve pretty much given up on the official bush trips until they get the bugs sorted out.

1 Like

Hi - My brother and I managed to fix our navlogs last night - took a bit of effort - basically you need to edit your current bush trip SAVE file. Look for the SAVE file for the Bush trip you are on - ie NEVADA_SAVE - you will find these files on your C drive under your User/Appdata folder structure. (C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES) Then open up an old Save file - i.e NEVADE_SAVE_001.flt - and look for the section in the file that lists all the POI’s for the Bush trip - and Copy that section to NOTEPAD. Then Open up then current save file (NEVADE_SAVE.flt) and look for the same section - in our case that section was pretty much empty - hence no navlogs. Copy the data you saved in Notepad into that section in the current save file. Then start FS and give it a go. This worked for us - I RECOMMEND before starting that you COPY all the content from the NEVADE_SAVE.flt file into a save file - don’t just copy the file somewhere - just copy the text from the filee into a new file in a sepoerate directory. It seems as though every now and then when FS goes to create a ave fle - it misses the NAVLOG Tag data in the save file, Goo luck

2 Likes

Well done, it works.

I have NavLog

I dont have any glass instruments but I have NavLog.

To get control of time and weather follow procedure above and change the Weather to

UseLiveWeather=True
WeatherCanBeLive=True

This enable you to changed the time if you have a night leg bug

Thanks to Michael Bonocore for this hack and to BuffyGC for suggesting it in another thread

Great!
thanks

Thanks for the tip. But I cannot get it to work. I Have looked in the files and it seem,s as though all the navigation data is there. Fs just will not display it. The new bug fix I downloaded today does not adress this matter. Just have to create my own trips for now. Thanks again the help of members is much appreciated.

1 Like

I agree. Pretty bad for a product with all the hype, especially since my version is a whopping 3 weeks old. Are they sure Bill Gates wasn’t involved in this?

This really is maddening! It seems to be linked to WHEN I exit. If I exit at the end of a leg, when the “Next” option comes up but not clicking on it, the leg appears in my logbook with no times nor takeoffs and landings. If I click through to the next leg it gets recorded in the logbook correctly but the time of day is set to night, and those grass landing strips are difficult to find at night. (I’m doing the Balkans bush trip.)
Does anybody have similar experiences?

I to had the same problem on the Balkans Bush Trip. The solution is to go to developer mode, you will then get drop down menues on the to left of the screen. from these you can adjust the time of day by using the slider. No more flying in the dark.

No need to go into developer mode, the solution is to edit the files as per the explanations above.

I did just that and finished the balkan trip with Nav Log working and my own control of the waether and hence the time

That solution did not work for me. There was nothing in my save file. The first 11 legs had the scenic info but it was nowhere to be found after that. I ended up re-flying the last two legs and exited after clicking next. We’ll see what happens when I finish the whole trip. I have not used the find my way back feature. The path on the MFD? is easy enough to follow on this trip. I am not looking forward to the others where I won’t have that.
I am very wary of using Developer Mode. I tried it in the beginning and had logbook problems but maybe subsequent patches have fixed that. I have flown this thing a ton of hours but I don’t get credit, which is not the point but it would be nice.
Thanks for all the replies and help!

Additionally what I have done is to create a folder on a store drive and after flying the first leg of a trip and after exiting MSFS I copy the files quoted above into said directory and append the name with BAC.

Currently halfway through Alaskan trip and all OK so far.

Just completed the Alaska Bush Trip and on leg 10 of the Balkans Trip. So far no problems, apart from having to keep altering the time of day on the Balkans Trip.

Can you please give me a guide on how to incorporate the Bush Trips you have worked so hard to create in to MSFS. I have downloaded them no problem. Once again thanks for all your hard work creating the Bush Trip Creation Tool.

It is easy to create your own Bush Trips, this thread gives details.

The process is simple, create your Bush Trip using LittleNavMap, but change the default to live weather to give control over the time you fly, saving the file. Start up Bush Trip Injector, load the file created in LittleNavMap, add waypoint images, briefing images, compile and export to MSFS.

I have about 10 that I have made and six are available to download as a zip file for each. Locate the Community folder in your MSFS install and extract the zip file there. The Bush Trip will show with all the others.

BuffyGC has done a great job producing the BTI app.