Buttkicker Gamer 2 - Alternatives to the Simshaker sound module?

Hi Guys, I know this is probably a very niche topic but if anyone has any info I’d greatly appreciate it. I took the plunge yesterday and purchased a buttkicker to help enhance my VR experience. It turns out that to get the maximum out of it requires an additional purchase of a simshaker sound module but as sure as my luck is the developer in question is Russian and as a result of the horrible things happening in Ukraine, a licence for said software can no longer be purchased from the website. Does anyone know of any alternatives software that can be used?

Hello, you have a similar sound module with sim racing studio

I use this with 2 buttkickers and its great.

I have 3 connected to my set up and use OPUS for MSFS which has buttkicker support. There in the UK
OpusFSI Live Weather instant weather updates, Live Camera view control, management and docking, Live View multi-screen networked displays

Can someone please elaborate on this a bit? I have a Buttkicker 2 and I use Voicemeeter to run it. Am I missing something that adds more to the experience?

Thanks very much for the suggestions guys. It’s great to know there are many options to choose from.

1 Like

If you google ‘simshaker for aviators’ package you’ll find some more information. There’s some great info in this post also. I’m unsure of how it compares to other software solutions though.

Wow. I had no idea that there was more to it. Thank you very much for taking your time to give me the link and help me make my sim experience better! Cheers.

2 Likes

Hi there,
I don’t know if the software was offline at the time, but I found this on the website now:

Software download:
https://simshaker.com/software/general/

Product key:

Weird I can’t load it for some reason.

Edit: Whoops, my firewall was blocking all of Russia. I can get there now.