Buttkickers in enclosed sim pit... necessary?

Hi there, I am finishing up on my enclosed home cockpit (modeled after the Longitude) and I’m curious what everyone’s opinion is on buttkickers…especially in an enclosed cockpit. Here’s a few details about my setup…

I will be running all game audio through my headset (Razer Blackshark V2 with 7.1 surround). I feel like this will help provide the best immersion in terms of sound. Both seats in my cockpit are on rails (sliders) so they can be adjusted/moved when getting in/out. I feel that is an important detail because of the wiring that would be involved in adding a buttkicker directly to the seats.

Essentially I’m just curious if anyone feels like they add a level of immersion that shouldn’t be left out. If so, what’s the best way of adding them to an enclosed cockpit? Do you add them to the base/floor of the cockpit instead of the seat? If so, how many?

Thank you in advance for the responses…I’m getting close to the end and this has been the lingering detail I have yet to address.

Whilst I don’t have buttkickers I do have 2 bass shakers (similar to buttkickers but ‘home made’) attached to my gaming chair. It definitely increases the level of immersion for me with Simshaker software.

This kind of haptic feedback (whether buttkickers, bass shakers or haptic seat pads) imo can really transform flight sim :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have also like the previous post done a DIY setup after looking at friends with dissapointing costs from just having 1 buttkicker (effects get drowned out) and the price of seats with tactile transducers in them. I have gone with the speakers from ali express and some nobsound soundcard options. However I’ll list the seat pads incase you’re interested in those, it goes into explination why it’s better than a buttkicker.
However overall it’s definitely worth it for the added immersion, depending on your budget if you want that to be made for you or you don’t worry about doing it yourself.

Bass Shaker from (simracingstudio.com)

2 Likes

Oh wow, that seat pad is interesting…I’ll have to do some more research into that…thanks!

There’s also a new haptic seat pad just come on sale, Next Level Racing HF8.

It’s a fairly new product and the software may not yet be optimised for flight sim but it might be worth a look for you.

I’m not sure how they make those seats with one connection…
I’m not the best at electronics or sound wiring but I require
3 subwoofers for 6 haptic motors lol, not sure how those are
wired up to fire individually but also only have 1 subwoofer

I’ll check it out, thanks!

Curious to know if those friends also used SimShaker for Aviators Sound Module. I know that for myself, when I used the Buttkicker without the sound module, it was really unfocused. (Or was the problem that it was only one?)

Ended up giving this a go, we’ll see how it works out!