C-17 salty compatibility fix

Hello everyone, I have made a little fix for the incompatibility issue between Capt22 C17 and salty mod, that is not a bug free fix bul only one that we could enjoy a bit more the airplane, however, one big issue is making me crazy, I can’t figure out why if I start the airplane from cold and dark the IRS keep saying that knobs are off even if they are at the default position. If I start at the runway no problem at all. I spent 2 days trying to find a good solution but I am running out of ideas. Could someone provide some tips how to make it work?
I also found some some references about some var.xml files that I can’t find anywhere. Do I need to open the airplane with sdk to edit the electrical sistem and change anything in order to make the IRS knobs to work from cold and dark? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

well, after a few hours, i found a solution for my issue, i had to edit the salty file in order to make the irs starting align when i start from cold and dark. this fix as well as the c17 aircraft keep having some issues but now its a bit better to fly.

In my Cold and Dark start for the 747 Isince cockpit is basically one of those) What I think you are asking is something in the FMS. Plane has no clue where it is, since power to INS has been off. It must know where it is, once it does, then lots of things sort of go away. I can send you message with the file if you want. Not sure I fully understand what you were mentioning.

There is a UKLIV version of the C-17 on flightsim.to.

C-17 Globemaster Updated flight model » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I downloaded it and it’s got the 747 cockpit/sounds and sorta flys like one, but not bad. It too loses altitude in turns, AP seems to bring it back. The same autopilot errors in basic 747 are present in this one.

I am wishing for a real C-17 modeled and introduced into this sim. If you look at real videos of the plane on YT, the cockpits look very different from even the X-Plane Vartivia edition which is more modeled than the FSX version. Yes, time is money, so let me be the first to ask Plane develpers to get a project started on C-17, and not sure how much but if Quality Wings did it would pay their price, as they just do excellent work. I have contacted two different developers about this plane and they did not say no, but expressed opinion, all developers make what they like more so than what is possibly desired by users. There is great interest in the Airlift Command Sim Group on discord, with lots of information there.

If anyone knows of good cargo loading modification please advise here, I can put weight on plane in XP, but not in MSFS as I know of. I would like to be more real life and put cargo on board which can be delivered to location and off loaded. And not to pick but we need more avitars in choices, since now MSFS is getting into the military planes they need to be real for that.

Well, I have made a change to my fix a few days ago. It is here SALTY 747 SMALL FIX FOR C-17 Globemaster (Capt22 747 Cockpit Version) WITH Updated Lights & Cameras » Microsoft Flight Simulator
About your other statement, you can add weight to your airplane. Just need to slide the payload bar and weight will be added