C172 Nose wheel inop

Nose wheel on the C172 wont turn, not sure if this happens on other aircraft it did with the F-18 , i program the nose wheel to the rudder pedals so it would turn with the ruder works fine on the F-18 but does not work on the C172, has any one else run into this problem if so how did you correct it or is it a bug in the sim
thanks

It works for me, as long as I don’t use the toggle nose wheel steering function, then it breaks totally.

Dont use the NWS button for anyting but the F18 (stock planes). It hoses the steering on anything but the F18. Its already been reported so maybe there will be a fix in the next couple of years ;p

Thanks guys
how can i set the nsw to just the F-18 and not effect the other default aircraft

You cant all you can do is bind the command to a button that you wont hit by accident. I guess you could make a clone of your joystick in controllers, and then make a new controller call it f18 and then only put the bind in that profile, but you’'d have manually switch back and forth when you wanted to change it.

1 Like

what I did is use the default setting for the c172 and and setting with nsw for the f-18 so basically what u said have 2 diff binding settings on my ch pro pedals
thanks for your help

all you need is one button bound to engage the system. On mine I use W on the keyboard, since I barely use the keyboard, its unlikely that I will accidently push it.

You shouldnt need to reset anything on the pedals, just add a bind on say your throttle of center stick to engage the NWS. On my hotas I have it set to a pinky button that I know I will not hit by accident and engage the system. I use the twist on the joystick for rudder/nws no special need to change anything there.

ok, thanks i will try that

Or, you can remove the keybind for the nosewheel completely and manually engage NWS on the F-18. In the cockpit, the NWS is activated by the red button on the left side of the control stick.

thanks
I will check that out

Did you ever fix this? Lately Ive been noticing my NWS does not work only when I have landed. The rudder is turning but I can see in external view that the NWS is staying straight. I have to cancel my taxi to parking because its locked.

@cutchemist42
which air craft are you referring to , i left it default , the nose wheel on the 172 does not turn as much as it should , on the F-18 left back side of the control stick there is a red button that locks the nose wheel (turns the steering on)

Oh sorry…the 172. I tried searching for the issue and came acrosd your thread.

My nosewheel works when taking off, but once I land, the nosewheel is locked maybe 25%, of flights.

I’m not sure why it would do that, are you using rudder pedals or a twist joy stick , have you tried to calibrate the controller in windows control panel devices and printers right click the controller go to game controller setting double click the controller . you can also try to calibrate in MSFS and reset the nose wheel steering in MSFS if you do not how to do that let me know I will try to explain it to you the best I can

1 Like