C208 G1000 GPS navigation not working anymore

I’m trying to use the Cessna 208 G1000 default equipment (no mod) with GPS navigation.
It looks completely not working.
I’ve loaded several flight plans both generated with little nav map and using the default MSFS map planning tool.
In any case it’s not able to follow the rute. The plan is shown but the purple navigation bar shows TIME → TIME as next leg…
The CDI shows a random line not going anywhere and trying to use AP with NAV simply makes the plane going crazy.
I’ll try post a screenshot.

Any idea? it’s really… bizzarre.

The default flight planner since SU5 introduced new non-standard legs such as time to climb and time to descent (not to be confused with TOC and TOD).

The short answer is you should be using the Working Title G1000 NXi available for free in the MarketPlace. This will become the defacto G1000 in the near future. It’s in Early Release, so things are not yet quite stable, but even in current 0.6.0 form, it’s still head and shoulders above the stock G1000.

1 Like

Unfortunately the Working Title Mod is not supporting various Simconnect interaction I’m using with my own software.
I’ve just discovered the problem is not occurring when using IFR flight planning…

i just got a ctd using the tbm 930 improvement mod with the g1000nxi installed. I guess the crashing will never end. I pushed a few buttons on the “weather” middle panel and then it blanked out to desktop. when will this thing actually work across the board?

That would be a task for Mugz (TBM 930 Mod author) to troubleshoot. NXi will eventually be core sim code, so Mod authors are going to have to deconflict if needed.

The TBM 930 uses the g3000 , not the g1000nxi. Working Title has a great mod for the g3000. If you’re not already using it, I would highly recommend it.

If you already have the g3000 from Working Title installed in your community folder, check to see if it needs to be updated. v0.7.4 is the latest version.

oh, they said that i didn’t need it since the G1000nxi was used for the avionics screens. I was going to get the cool newer one, but i read that it would conflict. I thought the G3000 was for the TBM. The NXI was for other aircraft like the Cessna 172, etc. I will try downloading it later maybe, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.