Cabri Pwr gauges erratic and Gov n/w

In flight at constant collective setting the engine % arrow moves up and down like a yoyo.
Also the governor doesn’t work like a real one should. I’ve assigned a switch for the gov whick works correctly, yet the gov and throttle roll on/off do not work correctly, I’m always with rotor rpm too low or high.
Thoughts??

Working fine here. The gov always keeps the EPM in the green. Are those bindings actually correct?

On my side, the governor keeps 530 RPM steady at the set PWR when fully roll-on. If not fully roll-on I get the same behaviour. Looks like the governor is limited by the reduced throttle setting abd triying to fight against the throttle.

This is on ground ‘ready for takeof’ and ‘in-flight’ the same. Need about 58% PWR to hoover 2ft above ground (Sedona AZ, 4800 ft AMSL).

I’ll try post up a video…

I believe OldBoldPilot811 is likely to be correct. Try increasing the throttle to full and see if the governor works correctly. Either that or perhaps increase the throttle into the normal operating range before engaging the governor.
I had a flight experience in Robinson R22 a few months ago, if I recall correctly the governor on that did not actually function until the engine was above a certain rpm… can’t remember what that was now as I was more interested in flying :sunglasses:

For sure the throttle needs to be eased up to speed as you start up but once there the gov can be switched on and left.

Here is a nice video showing the basic startup.

Thanks for that What have you got your throttle mapped as and what have you got the collective mapped as?

There is a dedicated helicopter collective axis. I currently have the throttle mapped to a couple of buttons presently and use the standard throttle increase/decrease commands.

My ‘Control Options’ settings:

Cheers. It was my throttle axis that was causing conflict, seeing as my one is adjustable in the real world on my collective, when the gov is engaged on the sim it won’t roll off or add Pwr when required as they “aren’t connected”

Hmm. That is strange. I assume it’s a twist grip type and you had it setup as an axis. I had assumed that once the governor was engaged that the sim would ignore that axis altogether. I currently use the inc/dec commands on buttons so it’s a little different. This makes me think again about plans to have a similar style heli throttle.

I think I’ll test that axis when I get time.

According to the POH the throttle can override the governor in the Cabri, so the sim is handling throttle changes correctly. You need a non centering axis for the throttle input.

Yes but in the real heli the governor is actually moving the throttle control which I doubt a flight sim collective will do. So If the throttle axis is followed when the governor is on and in its operating range it basically becomes a manual throttle which it’s clearly not. I wonder if they are mixing the inputs in some way for sim purposes. I also doubt a sim peripheral would use a centring axis for a collective throttle.