Cairo Intl. HECA Airport altitude off by 200ft ish

Here’s to hopefully get this fixed in the next update which will be next year in 2023! But better late than never :sweat_smile:

As this is an airport I have bought with the Premium Deluxe version, how can it be that its delivered in such a state. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

In this case Asobo is as ignorant as in the case of ESSA with the broken Runway. Both airports are handcrafted and part of the luxury version. You pay more money and get crashed airports. It is a shame!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

In an attempt to fix the bug, we mistakenly delivered the wrong version of the airport in the next update of the game. The impact : there are some terraforming issues. We are working on a fix but it will not come early.

Our apologies for that.

About ESSA, the team is totally aware of the issue and is working on a fix

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your effort to get this fixed!
No problem when it don’t come early, but we appreciate that you’re working on it!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

According to the charts for HECA (Cairo International), the airport elevation is 467’. However, when on the ground in the PMDG 737 I see a discrepancy between the altitude reading when local pressure is selected and the striped amber “Landing Altitude Indication” on the altitude tape of the PFD.

The amber-striped “Landing Altitude Indication” appears to read correctly at around the 467’ mark but is far from being at the same level as the altitude display window which should read the same altitude. However, it doesn’t. It reads about 220’ which explains why the “Landing Altitude Indication” is way above it giving the impression the aircraft is underground.

If I adjust the pressure setting the “Landing Altitude Indication” will move down the tape until aligned with the altitude display box and the reading in the box will increase until it displays the correct altitude. When the altitude reading reads 467’, and as one would expect, the “Landing Altitude Indication” is the same height and all looks well.

I’m concluding at the moment that the airport elevation is 247’ lower than it should be.

I don’t think it is a Navigraph issue as their data seems correct and it doesn’t look like a PMDG problem either because if I select a default aircraft that also thinks the airport elevation is 220’ when it should be 467’.

This looks like an MSFS elevation issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not necessary. Just compare the airport elevation in the sim to what it should be.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Just park at HECA airport.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just park at HECA and compare the sim airport elevation to the real airport elevation.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest official release version of MSFS (Not Beta)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

In the latest patch from 31.01.2023 the altitude bug of the runways got fixed!
Thank you very much for that!

But there now are some elevation bugs at least on 2 taxiways!

I guess it would not be funny, to taxi across that bumps!!

Could you maybe have a look at that again? @PersonalEdition

That was I meant when I said : "The impact : there are some terraforming issues. " :tired_face: :tired_face:
Very sorry. The fix will be integrated in the Sim Update 12. You still have to wait a few months. Again my apologies

1 Like

Okay, no problem.

At least now we know, someone cares about that issue!

May it take some month, but hopefully then everything got fixed!

Thank you for your engagement. I hope the same problem at ESSA will be also fixed with SIM Update 12.

Only about 30 votes in about 6 months for a big airport like this and then we wonder why it’s not a priority for Asobo :wink: Never mind the rest of Africa.

3 Likes

How can I add my vote to fix this bug?

At the very top of this thread

1 Like

You don’t need to, because the developer is already aware and the fix is coming in an upcoming update!

1 Like

Hi everyone

In theory the bug is fixed on the actual Sim Update 12 Beta.
Can you confirm me if it’s correct ?

Cheers

Hello @PersonalEdition ,

I’ve been testing Cairo for the past couple of days and it seems to be solved! And according to glideslopes, autoland also works fine!

Thank you so much for your efforts!

1 Like

Hey guys,

i am not sure what exactly i’m doing wrong but you guys have a idea what this is: ??

Some Bad Elevations in HECA Airport near F8 Gate Area. is it Me only have it or everybody?

Not only you, there is another bump somewhere between T4, and T5 exits/entrys to rwy 05c/23c. Quite similar bumps at that.

1 Like