Can a RTX 3070 run Ultra at 3440x1440 at 30FPS?

Here is a video showing my undervolt:

3070 Undervolt Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMre_HUkaM4
Over an hour the graphs really settle in more clear.
But you get the idea. :bulb:

I undervolt 1950 MHz at 880 mV

• Get the exact same FPS,
  • Higher MHz and stable MHz at 1950 MHz
  • Less heat and fan noise

… i really can’t find a negative. :blush:

wow, very cool

LOL, nice tail number

did you activate the resizable bar thing?

The tail number was for screenshot contest :wink:
I do have a TUF 3080 pre-order. But who knows when that will come.
I’m honestly fine with the 3070 for now.

I have Windows 20H2, game mode ON, Nvidia 465.89, and the new BAR VBIOS flashed, yes. Though i don’t think FS supports it yet anyway.

I am running the same CPU with a 2060super and I am getting no issues on 3440x1440 I able to reach 50+fps if I am in the middle of nowhere. The sim runs very well one these settings with the GPU overclocked.

Mostly GPU bound but the sim is overall very smooth
What kind of monitor are you using.Great image quality here.
A 2070super should have no issues running WQHD.

I have not OC the CPU as I don’t think its worth it at a GPU bound res.Got nearly 7fps just by pushing the 2060super to its max.

I’m currently running on a RTX3070 along with i9 10900K 5.3 in 4K with high settings, some of them ultra at 30-40 fps in high density areas.

What I see most people expect its to turn all settings up to max and expect 60+ fps on ultra with a 3090, let me disappoint you and tell you that’s neve gonna happen until 5+ years ahead.

MSFS looks marvelous if you choose default setting “high end” and only adjust AF to x16 and clouds to ultra. You don’t even have to change GPU! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly although I cannot run ultra on the clouds unless I drop to 1080p

So you are running a 2060 with i7 10700?

I have no experience of 20-Models but should run OK I suppose, at the beginning I has running on a i7 6700k and GTX1070 at 1440 with around 20-35 fps on high settings.

Are you using HDMI or Display Port?
Running on same resolution as your screen and scaling down after necessity?
What are your ingame graphic settings?

I am running a the 10700 K version 32gb 3200mhz 2060super with DP but I doubt there would be a difference with HDMI.
Not scaling down on anything.Graphics settings are above your previous comment. It handles it just fine as long as I don’t increase terrain shadows,Ambient Occlusion or clouds.Those can be a good 20+fps drop if I run them on ultra depending on where I fly.
Not gonna lie if it weren’t for the GPU shortages I would have thrown out that 2060super and sell it!

I had a slightly overclocked 2080 Super running full ultra on a 3440x1440 ultrawide. With my old ryzen 3700x i was sitting in the high thirties most of the time low forties on a good day but in New York it could get very bad (framerates in the high teens) due to the limited by main thread issue.

Considering the rtx 3070 is just above the 2080ti I think you should be able to comfortably be able to get a few more frames at that resolution with the 3070 at ultra with 100% render scaling. You just need to still be careful in the dense urban areas as now the resource demand shifts to the cpu.

If you have access to getting a 3070 and you have a decent oc on your present intel rig you should be fine for a while. Just don’t expect too much of a framerate increase. expect a smoother running sim with more of a capacity to turn visual features up.
And to answer your resize bar question… It makes no difference to the sim at the moment.

1 Like

Yes, and from there the story ends. Another chapter, another season, a Snyder cut? Who knows?

i have a gigabyte gaming oc rtx3070 and i have no issues at ultra settings and it is generally always above 30 fps , all settings to ultra on its standard clocks it is approx 35-40 fps around most american cities , this is running on a ryzen 3600 with 16gb ddr 3600 and SAM enabled , as yet i dont see any benefit to this SAM but i just updated my vbios and mainboard today to take advantage when stuff supports it , all running on a jvc 4k 40" telly , my main limiting factor is the CPU being limited by main thread mostly but i can overclock that but it is ever diminishing returns and both work well together in sim

it will drop when in new york in the city itself to high 20’s and lowest i saw trying it out today was 25fps but to be honest the reason i like this card is not for massive frame rates … it just runs smoothly like we need for simming … high FPS is for the warzone brigade and all we need is good quality consistantly and so the 3070 is a cracking card for the money , given time the sim will improve and our hardware will take advantage of that , the majority of the time this system is actually running in VR with the headset on and it loves that as well

the thing is with the 3070 you wont need post processing , but even so a 2070 super is still no slouch even in the present day and the current shortage at least means you can get a good amount back on that card

i may have a tinker with this setup and oc a few things and see what i finally run at but buying a 3070 is a safe bet as far as current cards go imo … yes you can wait for 3070ti etc but they aint confirmed and when available are going to sell out again faster than chucking pammy andersons underwear on ebay

1 Like

Just amazing … I’ve an 2080ti on an i7 4790k, 32GB DDR3 and a 34" curved 3440x1440 display … settings on high default. My FPS in the St. Barth landing challenge is still at 45 … so I’m really wondering why you guys with an RTX 30 series GPU and much more newer CPUs have so much performance issues. I’m still happy with my config.

Something happened with the last sim update that seriously nurfed performance for the 3000 series cards. I’ve got a 3080 paired with a 5600X and I was getting 40FPS over PG cities and 50 - 60FPS flying over rural areas. After the last update I’m down to 20FPS over PG cities and 30 - 40FPS over rural areas.

Before anyone says FPS shouldn’t matter in a flight sim, getting good FPS matters hugely for VR flying. You have to get good stable FPS or everything just turns into a mess.

I really hope Asobo can fix the issue soon. In the few weeks leading up to the last sim update, and after recent Oculus software updates, I was finally, FINALLY, getting decent stutter free performance with my Quest 2. Then all of a sudden they bring out the sim update and the whole thing goes down the toilet.

1 Like

I run a 3070 at 1440p and get more like 40-45 ​fps depending on where you are so it may do the job.

It does seem to run out of VRAM though, 8GB is borderline. You may be better waiting for a 3070 with a bit more ram.

There is no 3070 variant coming with more than 8gb I’m afraid although a 3070ti was rumored it may just come with more cuda cores,GDDR6X memory.
That’s the issue with the sim
It doesn’t manage vram well like xplane with vulkan and I am quite sure majority of folks have 8gb cards.
I find it quite annoying when I taxi,takeoff,land a jetliner,stutters with the vram is nearly full.

I suspect the game is very good at taking advantage of GPU RAM, I was using an 8gb 1070 card and it was using like 7.9gb, switched to a 3060 12gb and it uses 11.9gb. We’ll have to find some 3090/6800 users to confirm it will just eat up whatever?