Can hear Carenado Beech Model 18 sounds from other players in my cockpit

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Brief description of the issue:

I hear this is a common issue that a lot of people are experiencing but at the moment it’s once again breaking my multiplayer experience with the release of the Beechcraft D18.

Basically whenever someone other than me is flying the D18 I can hear their cockpit engine sounds in my cockpit when I’m in close proximity to them. Basically from the point the distant LOD aircraft model loads in I can hear their cockpit engine noise and it’s dynamic too, meaning whenever they rev their engines up or down I can hear that. It doesn’t matter whether I’m also flying the D18 or not, I can hear their engines regardless. And no it’s not the external sound, but the cockpit sound. I remember when the Carenado C170B came out I also had that issue when other people around me were flying the C170. I understand from several other forum posts that not only the D18 and C170B suffer from this problem. I haven’t seen anyone near my fly the C170 recently so I’m not sure if it’s still the case for this plane, but at least it is for the D18.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yep, today i was at LOWI in a sailplane, and that bug showed up. Someone was flying a Beech D18 and i was about 4km’s away, and heard the thing as if it was next to me. Thoroughly anoying bug.
Fix your stuff, Carenado!

I often do events with quite a lot of people and it’s not playable anymore with Carenado aircraft installed. I just played an event where 2 others were flying the D18 and all I could hear was their engine sound.

1 Like

Just found this mod, which silences the engines of Ai… dont know if it’ll work for the Beech 18 though, as that is not yet on the list.

This soundissue appears to have been happening for quite a while now, i’m surprised Carenado hasn’t fixed this themselves yet.

Thank you. I will try this later. One comment on the mod is asking to add the B18 so maybe it won’t work but thanks regardless.

Well, what i’m trying right now is copy the name of the folder the actual SoundAI from the airplane is in, make a new folder in that mod with the same name and folder structure and add the muted AI sound in there, as that might actually be a one-fixes-all AIsoundfile.(as the soundai.xml that mutes the ai sounds for those airplanes, actually looks the same for all the carenado-planes that are in the mod…)

Here is where you can find your Beech:
Microsoft Flightsim 2020\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-d18s\SimObjects\Airplanes\MSCarenado_D18S

So i name the new folder in Microsoft Flightsim 2020\Community\z_carenado_mp_sound_fix\SimObjects\Airplanes the same as MSCarenado_D18S and copy the soundai folder from one of the other folders into that one. Carefully check what the folderstructure looks like in the mod and basically do that exact same thing for the beech.

So in the end it should look like this:
Microsoft Flightsim 2020\Community\z_carenado_mp_sound_fix\SimObjects\Airplanes\MSCarenado_D18S\soundAI\soundai.xml

that’s the easiest trick i can think of, but i gotta run into a beech 18 to see/hear if it actually worked or i just borked it… hahaha.

Hope you have a great flight.

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

Be sure to report on https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

It’s already been reported for months, but maybe we can get some traction with more reports.

I’ll be adding the Beech 18 to the list but I’m away from my computer for a week or so, so it’s delayed

2 Likes

I did report it. After like 4 days I got back: ‘‘Thank you for your feedback, we are going to check it.’’ so that’s something I guess.

Also thank you @CpMoustache . Looking forward to it!

And no… copying the soundai.xml file doesn’t work… still heard a B18 from miles away from inside the cockpit, outside view, no sound of the beech audible…

CCM’s Carenado Sound Deadening Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I’ve added the Beech 18 to this

3 Likes

Thank you very much, kind sir!

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

Hello,
When logging bugs, please do not delete the bug template.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When in the LOCAL LEGEND V: BEECHCRAFT MODEL 18, I can hear other LOCAL LEGEND V: BEECHCRAFT MODEL 18 aircraft in my cockpit as loud as if it is my own aircraft, even when my engines are off. Same issue as with the Beechcraft D17 Staggerwing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

not needed, easily reproducable

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly with others with this aircraft in multiplayer

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

n/a

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9, WU10

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

You are the MVP, thank you.