Can I add another hard drive to this laptop?

Here is a link to my laptop.

It performs well enough for MSFS, but my only issue is the SSD fills up very quickly. I’ve already uninstalled everything else off the computer that I’m comfortable uninstalling. So my question is, can I add an additional hard drive?

Looking at the product page on MSI’s website it appears to have two M.2 slots, so guess the answer is yes.

1 Like

Ahh, very nice. Thanks for your time. Wasn’t familiar what an m.2 slot was, but apparently that’s exactly what I need. Will start shopping around.

be careful and better ask vendor … often one of those internal slots is a short formfactor and maybe already occupied by a wireless lan module.

1 Like

Since the previous response, I found this nice tutorial: Install a Second M.2 SSD in an MSI GS65 Stealth Thin

And considering this drive: Check this out on @Newegg: Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T3X0C Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T3X0C - Newegg.com-sr--9SIA6ZP9B55163-_-01262021

Should I be covered there?

Isn’t really the same like the vendor speaking … but at least someone seems to have managed to install a second NVME M.2 drive in that slot. So it seems to be long enough, free and capable of taking an NVME (opposed to a SATA only M.2 drive).

So i would say: if you feel comfortable opening the case (be careful with those ribbon cables mentioned), go for it.

The WD black drive is IMO a good drive.

The manufacturer makes a manual, that manual should show you a cutaway of the inside of the unit and what additional slots are available for expansion for HDD’s. Additionally, you can use a external SSD/HDD drive using the USB ports, but the speed may not be enough to provide adequate data transfer rates which will make you happy. You can also just get a larger primary drive I have found 1TB is large enough for C for everything I put on my PC.