Can Microsoft please bring back the default Boeing 737 400 as a study level local legend?

As someone who grew up playing fs2004, I always flew the 737 400 in that game and I moved it over to FSX and kept flying that more than the 800, I would love to see more older Boeing midsize jets

Local to where? The US has had two World Updates already.

As a Europe country local legend because the 400 flew more in Europe because the USA flew the 300 variant a lot while the 400 was flown over in Europe more frequently

Well it’s a stretch but I’lll take it :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

Do you really want a 737 with 70% of buttons INOP?

3 Likes

The 400 requires pressing more buttons because it’s not a easy going fancy next Gen cockpit with all the heavy computerized equipment because it was a 1980’s airliner

Well now if they do city updates maybe we can them to get it with city update Alaska because they still fly older 737’s up there

Can Asobo please NOT recycle assets that are two decades old?

(This is a rhetorical demand, because even if it was possible to use FS03 models in FS2020, there is no way Asobo would actually consider it.)

Well if they did a new model build for the 737 400 it would be really awesome we got milviz doing the 200 series and PMDG did the 600-900 series and PMDG and that other group I can’t think of is doing the max and we have nothing in between the 200 and 600, and would be nice to have a familiar model back if it was heavily upgraded and people loved it in the past in fact last year in retail we had a shortage during the pandemic of metal slinkies because people kept buying them

Yes, I agree, my issue I have is that Project Magenta software is NOT compatible with PMDG, only a default 73 from MSFS, which they don’t do! It surprises me that you have to buy 3rd party aircraft, albeit the PMDG aircraft are great, it is very disappointing that I cannot use PM which I used to run on my Client PC. So you have my vote for a default 73

1 Like

The problem with this is that something like the 737-300/400/500 deserves a full, no holds barred study level add-on from someone like PMDG, Fenix, ini, Leonardo, etc. and doing it as a local legend – even under the “expert series” – will forever block that commercially as a viable option for those developers. Look at how Milviz cancelled their ATR. Many like the Asobo ATR, but many also are frustrated at it’s many shortcomings and lack of depth. I would hate to see that fate befall an aircraft as iconic as the 737 Classics.

1 Like

I know but I keep hoping good developers like just flight PMDG and milviz to do some cool old jetliners as local legends because we’re stuck on sea planes

Boeing 737 classic (300/400/500) has a lot of flight dynamic quirks that saw very reluctant developers to adopt the aircraft.

The first high fidelity airliners ever for MSFS platform was Dreamfleet 2000: 737-400 for FS2000 - with limited functioning FMC! But with the limitations of FS2000 and FS2002, any shortcomings are very well-hidden by the platform itself.

In X-Plane, there is only one payware group doing this, IXEG, and it is even only one model: the 737-300.

After that, comes the 737PIC by Wilco Publishing - great details - the panel, the procedure, the quirky features. But overall, it is poor in terms of external modelling and flight dynamics.

I have plenty of fond memories flying with the 737-400 in real life as well. But to wish for FS2002 / FS2004 Boeing 737-400 in current MSFS?

I probably need to remind you how awful looking they are and that vacuum cleaner noise:

Asobo clearly has better idea how an airplane should look like, while admittedly, sound engineering is something that is still quite difficult to pull off.

2 Likes

I always loved the 400. And when I was a kid on vacation in Hawaii, I remember seeing the 100 and 200 models and thought they were the coolest things out there. My brother always looked to the 747. . . The obvious choice I guess😆

1 Like

For me it is this one and only whining flaps motor sound that only 737 classic can produce. The best flap motor sound ever.

crisp sample (but without the end):

This one is from much older recording device, but it has that distinctive end notch sound:

1 Like

Plus we could simulate Janet airlines flights with the classic 737 :slight_smile:

Nearly 30 years on, we need this view back in our sim!

3 Likes

We need this back along with the sopwith Camel to cover all the sim eras :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Bring this back please! I love the classic series /300/400/500.

I remember having bought the Wilco 737 years ago and I could never get proper performance with it in FS9 lol. The default FS9 2D Panel is one I remember a lot.

I don’t mind if it’s not entirely study level but perhaps up to the level of the ATR the dev team had released. That would suffice honestly.

Thank you dev teams!

1 Like