Can msfs remain as a PC flight sim and a xbox flight game

shhhhh… PMDG didn’t port their airliners onto XP11, but we don’t talk about that…

1 Like

Also shhh, I wouldn’t mind Xbox ports…

But of course, no way an Xbox gamer could learn the DC-6 checklist…

2 Likes

You don’t understand.

The PC users are just wanting to preserve what they feel is a loving
and dedicated following to Flight Sim.

They don’t care if you XBOX users use it.
You can do what you want to it.

And many, maybe most, of you XBOX users probably will become great fliers.

But, it is simply an reaction to save what is dear to their heart, Flight Simulation.

And, Asobo has let this fester, PC vs XBOX, not needed.

Why does a platform ruin that.

1 Like

How could an Xbox simpleton ever understand a PC simmer’s life long devotion to flight sims?

This right here is the entitlement I am talking about…

3 Likes

Xbox or PC I don’t care but object having to use Xbox apps on something that was sold as a PC simulator !

Xbox users users don’t have to login to “Windows” to use their games console.

It’s becoming tiring this argument. I have snow runner, project cars 1&2, bus simulator and asseto corsa competitionze to name but a few. They are all on series x. The only thing that would make them more sim is to buy the peripherals that are available.

Msfs is a sim on both Xbox or pc, you can fly planes by various methods, Vfr and ifr you can use all the buttons in the cabin or you can go assisted.

It is the same game on each platform. The only difference is people have higher pc specs and proper peripherals in some cases.

I can guarantee that MOST people who play this on Xbox and pc are not former real pilots. I wish people would stop treating themselves like they are some elite participant.

Of course the game needs work and stuff ironing out we are all frustrated. But just because we are it doesn’t mean we have to find reasons to lash out at other enthusiasts or platforms.

6 Likes

Steady that man!

I personally believe that despite the potential pitfalls of a bifurcated development strategy,
MSFS 2020 can succeed on BOTH platforms. After all, an X Box is but a kind of’ locked in’ PC.

However, you’re really not helping the X Box users cause with your belligerence.
Hey, what’s that on your shoulder?

I don’t understand why PC users think that the sim needs saving. I’m a PC user, a serious flyer and I think the sim is as good as it’s ever been.

4 Likes

The platform the game is on doesn’t matter to me, and it wouldn’t matter irrespective of which platform I played it on. And I think the majority of PC owners don’t care either. They just want it to be playable, free of bugs, and enjoyable to use. As do we all. This ‘us versus them’ narrative doesn’t really exist, exept in the minds of a few who have self-created chips on their shoulders.

That’s my take on it, anyway.

2 Likes

You still don’t understand.
I speak for me, a PC Flight Simmer, 75 years old.

We do not see you XBOX users as “simpletons”.
We see you as new Flight Simmers.

Yes, some will crash the plane into the whatever. Fine.
We do not care.

We are only pleading to keep the Flight Simulation title as desired.
A true simulation.

Is that too much to want?

Both to win…

And we can if ASOBO is up to the challenge.

I think they are. I hope and prey.

1 Like

As long as Asobo manages to apply the necessary changes to the code to run it on PC and on XBOX, I don’t care who uses it how on which platform.

If I got your original post correctly, you are wondering if they will manage to sustain it on both platforms and as someone replied, they seem to struggle with that. I am not involved in its development, so I cannot comment on the original question but I’d find it very sad if they would have to discontinue it on PC in order to maintain the XBOX version since they lack the manpower for both.

Woah, another sim vs game thread? I think these topics need their own subforum. I was just about ready to start another thread just to troll, but you guys keep doing it for me so I don’t even get the chance.

Anyone remember playing this?

The WWI game inside of Microsoft Flight Simulator was loads of fun.

MS Flight Sim was always a game, and that makes you a gamer. :wink:

5 Likes

Just because you have an Xbox, that does not mean you can not, should not, or would it want to use this as a sim. I think it’s a shortsighted to think otherwise. For those who have a PC that is slower than the Xbox, not the Xbox fault. By now we should have put this to bed, you can use a PC and and XBOX as a sim and a game.

2 Likes

Wow Wow Wow What a statement.

Wow. My mouth is dropped.

What can I respond to but disbelief.

It can’t be?

Whatever… A new thread pops up everyday attacking Xbox simmers as something less but I am being unreasonable and belligerent in your eyes when I take offense to that…

1 Like

It being on Xbox will prop the pc version up for years.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence it coming to Xbox, some serious moolah to be made

Oh faux gods.
Don’t. I still get the flashbacks. Haha.

Yes, and they are wanting to preserve their FS Sim only.

Hi but surely the clue is in the name its Microsoft flight simulator… not game . A title that has been around long before game consoles ever existed .

The original question was mostly about longevity . Somehow I am yet to be convinced by anything I’ve read that as a title it will be the go to game for most xboxers next year yet alone 9 years from now .