Can no longer progress beyond splash screen without CTD

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I played the sim fine only yesterday. Today when I loaded it up an update was required even though the sim was already on the latest announced beta (install promptly was shown at the very initial splash screen before the game goes full screen) and it self installed without me touching anything.

Now, the sim will not load past one of the World Update USA splash screens, instead it CTDs every time.

Community folder is empty.
PC has been restarted.
CTD even in safe mode.
Only happened since today’s update (which I do not see communicated on this site).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

It CTDs at this point:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Install unexpected update that appeared today 26 July (sim was up to date before that)
  2. Load SIM
  3. CTD at spash screeb

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1914974813637256759, type 5

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

yes

DX12 DLSS

Same point of crash as OP during splash screen

Fault bucket 1914974813637256759, type 5

I’m the OP and out of interest the issue went away about a week ago. I’ve not identified what changed to reverse the issue. The SIM is still on the same beta version and the community folder was empty apart from PMDG 737-700 (which has had a few recent updates) and 2 ORBX sceneries.

Will continue to monitor…

I will continue to troubleshoot but I think it might be a conflict between MS store and Xbox because I originally signed up with the BETA through the xbox game pass but then upgraded to premium and think this might have something to do with it.

Fault bucket 1657329730613174006, type 5

Same problem here, I don’t even get past the splash screen in windows.

but in applications i get an Error, not an 10001 Information so I get no fault bucket.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ff7e359d670
Faulting process id: 0xb54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d937ab26d98212
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 108e6351-20cb-4673-a7ac-781c71294b0f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App