Can we get an honest and open explantion about what is going wrong with the Marketplace?

No… the update before, there we two new planes (for xbox).

If the technical issue is waiting weeks, upon weeks for new aircraft to be approved, confirmed by the 3PD telling us they have already submitted the plane for approval weeks ago, then one logical reason for that would be them testing them out. But they’ve already stated publicly they don’t want to curate them, and we’ve seen evidence of this given the atrocious state of some of the releases.

1 Like

New planes yes, but no updates for existing ones,

1 Like

Indeed which is why I’m skeptical of the technical nature of the problem here.

1 Like

Just Flight also send all of their Files to Microsoft / Asobo… 4 Weeks before.

1 Like

The last updated plane I could find was the CRJ on August 12th, which is nearly three weeks ago.

Yep thats the one plane that has had an update despite the patch seemingly being sent in later than others which haven’t been released yet (based on dates the updates were available on other stores)

Would be nice if I could use any third party scenery since last update. No point in purchasing anything at the moment as it may not work or still have bugs. It’s a mess and the communications are terrible. The marketplace takes so long as they are probably checking to see if a warplane has guns. That’s where we are today in this messed up world.
Have a good one, out.

So they don’t curate Marketplace items, except when they do. That seems like a denial of service right there. Flood the market with low effort planes with hidden guns. Kiss your license goodbye, though.

There are a decent number of updated airports in the latest Marketplace update so hopefully that’s fixed issues with at least some of them.

1 Like

They were the one item that I had no problems buying from the Marketplace. What could possibly go wrong with an airport scenery, right? I don’t have many, but I think they are all working at the moment. I might spend some time visiting them all to know for sure.

I believe some at least had LOD issues which lead to pink textures being visibile with SU5 but I’d haven’t experienced the airport issues myself so I have to defer to anyone who has.

1 Like

Another marketplace update, another complete and utter lack of updates for the BN-2 Islander (updates that were submitted to Asobo about 4 weeks ago at this point) - why would anyone use this service instead of buying things directly from the developer?

2 Likes

I’m sure there are valid reasons for these delays, or at least valid explanations. We just aren’t privy to them. The only “good” that can come from this is that 3PD’s consider their options for the future. The downside to that is a mass exodus from the Marketplace, and what does that do for the products future?

Potentially we lose in either case, delayed product updates on the one hand, and a shortened product lifespan on the other.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your feedback. We (The Marketplace team, leadership, etc.) have carefully read everything and can assure you that the marketplace is of the utmost importance to us. What happened with the release of SU V / Xbox is an unfortunate confluence of factors:

• SU V instituted some changes that unfortunately caused several 3rd party add-ons to no longer work properly.
  • Back-end tooling issues resulting in last week’s release delay.
  • An increased backlog of submitted content as we learn to now balance required updates vs. new products for PC and Xbox.
  • Planned and unplanned Out of Offices from the team (preventing full capacity of our normal work)

The marketplace team did update the following since SU V:

• 11 planes
  • 3 living world packs
  • 3 mission packs
  • 3 scenery packs
  • 27 airports

We apologize for the delay in updating items affected by the most recent update and are working diligently to get your favorite products updated. As we come back to full team capacity and get our tooling systems back to shape, more aircraft and other 3rd party items will be updated promptly.

But we hear you loud and clear that the current situation is not acceptable, and as a consequence, we will increase staffing of the Marketplace team in the coming weeks and months with the goal to provide updates to you much more quickly. As always, thank you for sharing your concerns!

38 Likes

I would have thought that the point of the marketplace was to ensure a certain state of quality in the addons and to ensure they were guaranteed to work with the current build. At least that was what I assumed on day 1. How naive was I? It is purely another income stream for MS and any old tut can be included just so long as the developers are prepared to sign away their lives (and their money).

Thank you for the update - this is what I was asking for so that is very much appreciated.

There are a couple of question though - do you have any idea when you hope to clear the backlog of submitted updated ?

And secondly I’m not quite sure which 11 aircraft you are referring to as having been updated since SU5 - are these updates that are working through the delivery system now and should be appearing in the marketplace soon ?

(Sorry initial version of this message didn’t get created as a reply so I thought I’d better resolve that)

1 Like

This and not known in which state items are will create some uncertainties in timeboxing this, goal is i think ofcourse yesterday.

I did see an exclamation mark at marketplace today, maybe they are now in?

So now you’ve all had your response I think it’s time to reflect on the difficulties the MAIN developers are having themselves since what can only be described as a huge performance upgrade … and yes patience is needed.

1 Like

There were some new airports and airport updates when I logged into the store this morning but just checking now I can’t spot any plane updates yet.