Can we get an honest and open explantion about what is going wrong with the Marketplace?

Asobo’s addons are incredibly simple.

Not to mention the added benefit of knowing upfront exactly what is going to change.

They dont extend this courtesy to 3rd party devs, hell they dont eve publish complete change logs.

2 Likes

not much choice on xbox

2 Likes

Forget it. You won’t hear from them regarding this. They will silently fix stuff when they think it’s needed.

3 Likes

This is as much of an explanation as we’re ever going to get.

8 Likes

No, Microsoft are. We are Microsoft customers, Asobo happen to work for Microsoft, but we have no business or customer relationship with Asobo.

Which means we don’t have to worry about whether the root cause is with Microsoft, Asobo, or the man in the moon, it is still all Microsoft’s problem to deal with. Makes our lives much easier.

7 Likes

Can’t confirm Market Place issues here, I’ve a PC account XBox license Premium Deluxe, 50Mbit irregular internet, mid range laptop (i7), in the Netherlands.

I had to log into XBox last evening after MSFS startup, for no appearent reason…

Today, in Market place no problem… I bought 3 aircraft, the first one with Buy and Download, the other two with Buy. In that case, download is postponed ok. No reports back of failed actions, the usual e-mails…I got all 3x marked as “Owned” after my purchase.

I had some connection issues (my modem), market place will complain it cannot proceed the download, and it will switch off Bing and Photogrammetry in General Options. Also, when you restart at that point, your internet has restored and the download went ok, in the end, it will again give a message about bad internet and again switch these two settings off ! Strange, I had to restore my internet General Options/Data 2x, first time when the error occurred, second time when download was finished.

Another remarkable thing was, after download, one of the three aircraft took about 10 minutes (!) in the “Wait” mode before it got installed. All the time during “Wait” mode, MSFS was unresponsive, it would not even minimize its window. Aircraft downloaded was Zenith CH701 STOL, a relatively small download (762M)

Asobo are the only one who are talking to us. If someone from MS wants to come in here and be honest about what’s gone wrong that’s great, but we all know that isn’t realistically going to happen so I’d settle for the truth from Asobo

Actually it’s Microsoft who talk here not Asobo.

2 Likes

Little chance you’ll get any professionals in weekends :yum:

I think it’s all server issues… In fact it would be interesting to know where everyone is, who complains here about Market Place problems that other users don’t have. Maybe it would be sensible, when server issues occur, to switch on the Multiplayer, connect to some other server… and then try the purchase download again ?

1 Like

I totally agree. I’ve spent a small fortune in the Xbox marketplace since launch and I’ve got airports and planes that are lacking updates and therefore don’t work as intended.

With no ability for refund or to try out trials in the marketplace without buying it’s basically “take your chances”.

And I’m sorry as much as I love the game this isn’t good enough. I couldn’t believe when the marketplace was yet again not updated and the addons I have are again left to “bug out” or be removed.

5 Likes

They aren’t the ones doing Q&As and Weekly blog posts.

Yes, they are.

There is a thing called reviews?

Besides there is a refund system, which is apparently working too well in fact. Possibly why there’s no new releases.

The active CMs who manage the forum are Microsoft employees. There are a couple of exceptions, but by and large, we’re talking directly to Microsoft, not Asobo. We bought Microsoft Flight Simulator, not Asobo Flight Simulator.

The sessions are led by Jayne (MS). Jorg works for MS as well. Seb and Martial are the heads of Asobo indeed. But outside of the Q&A, we have no contact with them. Our contact is with MS.

And BTW, Nyx up there was a forum mod for quite a long time. He knows who’s who. Arguing that he’s wrong and you’re right is rather laughable.

1 Like

Hear, Hear. And the ORBX London landmark scenery is another example.

1 Like

Then I sit corrected.

Should make it even easier then for someone to tell us the truth then.

1 Like

Surely you don’t expect Asobo or Microsoft to bugfix other peoples productions? It simply can’t be done or not easily because of the legal risks involved. Of course advice is a different question but it won’t be directed at us other than in a do’s and don’ts format covered by their EULA.

What are you on about? If they can’t push updates then they should stop selling in the marketplace!!!

3 Likes

As I’ve already said in other threads I’ve spoken to the third party devs and su5 broke addons. They provided fixes to the marketplace to address these errors but there’s been no updates pushed by Microsoft to bring the current Xbox marketplace addons up to date.

Errrm you seem to be missing the point that devs have been sending in patches to fix bugs caused by SU5 pretty much from the moment SU5 was released ?