Can we get the Baron with Steam Gauges?

The Baron is a Premium/Deluxe aircraft so not everyone has it.

This means two things:

• there will be limited demand for a steam addon to the current Baron
  • there may however be a good market for a stand alone Steam Gauge Baron
2 Likes

are you still using this format Dave ?

rodders19473367 are you asking me (djw3593) a question?
If so I don’t understand what “this format” is that you are referring to.
Can you explain a bit more please?

Both your bullet points seem reasonable to me.
The Baron in the Premium/Deluxe version is the G58 model with the G1000 glass cockpit. As such it is a miss-match for my full sized replica Baron D55 with the GNS530 GPS.
That is why I have struggled so hard to blend FS2020 with P3D.

I for one would be willing to pay handsomely for the “stand alone Steam Gauge Baron”

1 Like

There are quite a few votes in here though!

A steam guage variant should be relatively easy for Asobo. They can copy and paste 95% of it from the G1000 Baron, they’ve already got some of the guages they need in other aircraft too!

Even if only released as a payware upgrade for Premium/Deluxe owners, I’d happily pay another small amount like £€$2 for the guage option.

Totally agree! The Baron 58 has always been my preferred aircraft in previous iterations of MS FS. This is one of the main reasons I purchased the ‘Premium’ package. However I quickly noticed that the text-based read-outs on the Baron’s simulated Garmin displays were too small to read and monitor quickly, without zooming in first, and then needing to zoom back out after.

I recently went to an airshow where I had a chance to sit in a similar small twin-engine aircraft with one of these ‘all-glass’ cockpits. It’s amazing how big and bright these Garmin displays are in real life, compared to how they render on my medium-sized PC gaming monitor.

So yes, please add a Baron 58 instance that includes analogue gauges, which are much faster to absorb at a glance on a wider variety of monitor sizes and resolutions.

2 Likes

Same here. Certainly missing in this simulator.

1 Like

JustFlight just announced this :innocent:

you can drop your email to get an alert once available, while waiting for it you can already take a look to the manual and see what it ll offer

5 Likes

Great news, thanks! :pray:

Downloaded the manuals for the 2 new BlackSquare aircraft and both Baron and Bonanza will give a lot of smiles around this place. They are in depth and if the previous offerings are a measure to go by, they will be superb aircraft to operate within the sim. Normally aspirated and turbocharged version for each aircraft too.

2 Likes

Great, however it’s not available on xbox :anguished:

Will we have a chance to purchase it in the msfs marketplace on xbox later on or will it stay exclusive for pc users only?