Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

They haven’t even started on it yet !!!

1 Like

Watch this video,.
Packed with fly by views, ( made, according to the devs, with de drone cam)

1 Like

So can you record your flight & replay with various viewing angles inc tower view ?

I don’t know…

Exactly.
Before I do that, I also press the " + " key to apply some zoom-in, before I press the " C " key to control my tracked plane in realtime.
Ps. I usually place the drone camera a few thousand feet above a city, and fly indefinitely around it, and enjoying my aerobatic views above a city.

For aerobatics I would really like that locked view we had in other sims - so I could fly a loop in external view and not have it swing round twice during. Or could keep a runway in view all round a circuit (I used to glance at that view constantly if “in” something with bad visibilty). X-plane calls it “Circle View” (such an odd name for a fixed view that I never tried it for ages) and all previous Microsoft sims had it.
And yes - a fly-by and tower view not involving button-pressing witchcraft and drone operation.
maybe one day!

3 Likes

In older FS’s you could open up a second window and change the view, this way you could look out of the cockpit in the main window, and have a second smaller window in the corner (or on another monitor) and be able to see an overhead, or tower view or any other view that was avaliable.

That was just about the most ingenious versatile part of the older MSFS sims IMHO.

2 Likes

It certainly would be a fantastic addition to the 40th Anniversary considering it has been a part of previous versions of the title however I do think they would have mentioned it by now. It’s a shame because it would be useful to have sometimes.

1 Like

And by the way… Has by any chance Asobo seen that
the NEW X-Plane 12 also has said Tower and Fly-By views? …

I also vote for the fly-by camera and the view from the tower. And also for the ability to move more easily with the camera position. A smoother and more gradual zoom would also be better.

2 Likes

Out of interest, does anyone know if this has ever been brought up during the Q&As? Just having an understanding of how difficult this may or may not be to implement would definitely help. Especially, as others have said, this is pretty standard in other flight simulations.

1 Like

Nope i dont think it has. It seems to be continually avoided or ignored by Asobo for some odd reason.

1 Like

yes, drone view is not a workaround for having the flyby views or built-in approach views that FSX, P3D and XPLANE have…

1 Like

Voted. It’s difficult to see why this isn’t there, and especially unfathomable that a deliberate choice not to have it must have been made since it was in previous versions and other sims etc. It’s not like it is some new feature they simply didn’t think of. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see how it could possibly be more complicated to include this than it was to include the drone cam. The stubbornness in not now offering it can only be some pride thing about not admitting their darling drone isn’ fit for purpose, or there isn’t a button available on the xbox, which would show show poor interface design.

The drone really is no use, having to re-set it up every time the plane has flown past is absurd, people don’t use fly by for a one time view, they often let it loop. Then if I want a tower view I have to re-position it, and if I want to go back to fly by reposition it again etc etc, just to get one shot after which the drone is in a useless position again. That turns it all into work and in critical phases of flight I can’t be faffing around moving drones. A quick button press to see tower view I can do while flying an approach without having to pause, setting up a drone I can’t. It seems to be the drone was designed to be used by developers for marketing, and then thrown into the game since it exists, but without any thought of the different needs people playing it have.

Similarly for the lack of replay feature, I miss it almost every landing. Meanwhile, we get a space ship from Halo. Some very strange decisions were made in the making of this game.

5 Likes

Regardless of whether or not they chose the drone as a replacement for a fly by cam, there’s still no reason why they can’t have given us both. This whole “get rid of the drone cam” mentality makes zero sense when plenty of people find it to be a very useful feature. By not using it you’ve already solved your problem with the drone cam. The fly by problem is a different issue entirely.

It’s now December of 2022 just a few more days until 2023 and Asobo still isn’t listening to the flightsim community. 2023 and still no flyby view or tower view.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right the flyby views and tower views should have been included in the first release, heck it should have been in the beta version. It’s clear the people who created msfs2020 weren’t flight simmers; that’s the only way this could have been feasibley left out of the simulator. And that’s the very reason the arrogant Asobo team hasn’t listened to the flightsim community. They think adding the spruce goose an aircraft although it is a part of aviation history was a total failure is more important than addind a staple part of any flightsim known to man i.e flyby and tower views.

Watching Asobo’s socalled updates that just fixes what Asobo broke in the last sim update and adding some mostly outdated and non intriguing aircraft amounts to no real updates at all.

Asobo listen we love the graphics of msfs2020 :clap: :clap: :clap: but please listen to the flightsim community and add the basics into the simulator (flyby views and tower views) if you add the tower views and flyby views you’ll find the community can stomach the other mishaps a lot better while Asobo moves forward in tweaking the simulator into the future.

3 Likes

Oh I forgot to add that I think Asobo and Microsoft is going to use flyby views and tower views as a selling point for the next version of the simulator. Mark my word they were either non simmers or they left it out to sell it to us in the next pay update to the simulator.

They are going to add a fly by view someday.
Because every development update you can read “not started”
This means it will eventually come to the sim…

yess please tower views and flyby would be awesome. the views and drone views are wayy to complicated especially when recording flights. bring back the old views…

4 Likes