Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

+1 I also are surprised, that it is not included

Every flight sim i know has a basic Flyby camera option, apart from this one
come on Asobo Studio, pull your finger out and give us a flyby camera please!

3 Likes

I would like to see the Tower Camera from FS2004, too. This Tower Camera would let you place the Tower anywhere and you could even change the altitude of the tower. But that one is most useful with a REPLAY function.

3 Likes

This is just an absolute must have. Any pilot prides him/herself on landings. I know they are working on a reply feature which is currently ‘backlogged’ and the tower cam would definitely go hand in hand with the replay feature. Be nice If they both came out together. Now there is a wish :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Should read, “Many sim pilots
”.
The clichĂ©, “any landing you can walk away from
”, is mostly true. Seasoned pilots will tell you that “butter” or “greased” landings are a very dangerous class of landings. Trying to touchdown at 0 fpm just means you spent an inordinate amount of time with the aircraft in the most dangerous configuration. Once you depart from flying and begin landing, just get it planted on the hard stuff in a manner that doesn’t damage the aircraft or scare the passengers.
While you are trying to “butter” it in, the aircraft is at its least controllable and most vulnerable to environmental interference. A minor puff that you wouldn’t even notice during roll out could have you with half your mains out in the dirt. What about a gust right down the pipe that floats you 20 feet up and then steps out from under your wings and leaves you nose up, stalled?
Many thousands of landings and I bet I remember 3. All three scared the **** out of me.
Memorable landings
? Don’t want any, thanks.

4 Likes

Agreed, it would be nice to be able to view the airport from the tower again
 also to view the bumpy and the smooth landings we might take pride in, or that scared us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A hard landing for me is anything in the 150/200 fpm range. I usually aim for under 150 not that it always happens lol

1 Like

My point exactly. Have been picking them up and putting them down for 50+ years. Couldn’t tell you what my ‘fpm’ on touchdown is.
“I usually aim for” the runway in a controlled, stable 3 degree descent. A little pitch just before touchdown to ensure the mains make contact before the nose. Get the nosewheel in contact with the ground so I have positive steering. Get stopped before the red lights.
That is a perfect landing. One nobody talks about or remembers.

3 Likes

Heeey, there’s no fly-by camera view in the default camera menu, come ooon ! :sweat_smile:
Like, how could they forget that ?
I am a hard core flight simmer, I want the realism and everything as close to my real-life experience as possible - but I love to switch to the fly-by view for a moment during take-off for example, or whatever
you know what I mean ?
It’s just awesome
fly-by cameras just F*** !

Okay, think I found a way to implement it easily
give me some time
I’ll keep you posted.

P.S.
There is the tower camera, just activate the smart camera, then bring up the camera menu and you’ll be able to select it
if not, then from the outside camera with the smart cam on just hit Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown
or it’s Alt+PageUp and Alt+PageDown, just try both, you’ll figure it out. :slight_smile:

Tower view is really needed and so the the nearest one

1 Like

Please bring back “Tower View”! I loved tower view tremendously because I could fly my aircraft in an airshow scenario which was always a blast.

5 Likes

We need fly-by camera and replay mode.

5 Likes

I also think that a Flyby camera is really needed! Please add.

3 Likes

I am not familiar with the FSX Tower view but a question: can you not achieve what you are looking for by going to the drone camera, moving it to where you want, disable follow mode and do the flying? As an example: I did a VERY quick and VERY crude video of a takeoff with a Bonanza at Vancouver airport doing that: on YouTube

1 Like

If the camera would automatically follow the aircraft everywhere it goes sitting in one place like a control tower and pivot about that one spot it would be ideal. I have tried all the cameras and can’t seem to get them to work like FSX Tower View.

1 Like

Indeed
 I could not believe they did not implement a fly-by camera function. Adding to the long list of stuff wich was better in FSX
 don’t get me started

1 Like

Yes, I miss the tower view, but it only works in a replay environment (something we need too!). No good if you have to control the aircraft while watching it externally from a tower.

2 Likes

Short video to compare the default external view to a possible flyby view:

Agree. Fly by cam, please.

5 Likes

A tower view would be great.

4 Likes