Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

Come on People vote for this the more votes we get the more likely it will get looked at …even though we know its a no brainer fly by views and all classic views will bring the sim alive as its so missing this .

4 Likes

I really miss the flyby view

2 Likes

Also really would like a flyby view similar to Xplane 11!

3 Likes

+1 for a flyby view

1 Like

The drone camera for me is not a solution because this camera does not follow the aircraft
like the tower view in FSX/P3D.
And it is too complicated , i.e toggle plane controls and follow mode.

1 Like

Why is it still not there? +1

2 Likes

I can’t request this enough, please bring back “tower view?” I have owned every single Microsoft Flight Simulator since 1998. I am not sure about Microsoft Flight Simulator 1998, but I do know every version after that had “tower view,” except Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, of course. I am really surprised more people haven’t requested for “tower view.” “Tower View” was one of my favorite features in the past simulators!

4 Likes

I also would love to see tower view, still spot/liner spot/runway views.

1 Like

The kid in me loves FLY-BY views in FSX then in P3D. To be able to simply do a single button press and actuate a really well done fly-by is something I have enjoyed since day 1 decades ago. I really miss this easy to implement feature. I’m sure all those console pilots would love it too! Think about a few different fly-by perspectives, but START by looking at FSX/P3D. It’s such a cool way to show off the plane, the flight and the scenery all at once :grinning: Oh, and I’m 68y/o…

Cheers

1 Like

The flyby view should have been implemented from day one.

2 Likes

Yes to Fly By mode!

2 Likes

Please add Fly By mode. I really liked the sounds and view in the older version and with aircraft like the Spitfire it is sorely missed!

4 Likes

Great to see that flyby and tower are on the roadmap!

One other really important camera view that FS 2020 is an external view that’s not locked to aircraft heading, e.g. the standard External view from FSX, or “Circle View” in X-Plane. Our current “External View” is really more of a Spot or Chase View, and while the Drone Cam can be locked onto the user’s aircraft and somewhat approximates the free Circle View, it isn’t able to actually fulfill the same function because you can’t control the aircraft and the drone cam at the same time.

I’m fairly sure that the view I’m asking for was called Locked Spot in FSX, but not 100% certain, and I don’t have it on my computer so can’t check. I made a little video in X-Plane to show the exact view I’m talking about if my description above wasn’t clear :sweat_smile:
https://youtu.be/6nEGw1A9Q4U

3 Likes

I don’t think what you are describing existed in default Flight Simulator X. Both Spot and Locked Spot are locked on the aircraft’s heading. The difference between these two options is that Locked Spot removed the momentum when panning the camera, or the gradual transition as it was called in older versions of Flight Simulator.

While it is not something I would personally use, it is obviously important to lots of people so I think it should be implemented. The External camera is severely lacking in customisation compared to the Cockpit or Showcase cameras. I guess a better thread to discuss that would be the following one.

5 Likes

The camera does not pan to follow the airplane.

1 Like

I vote for flyby and tower view please!

5 Likes

It is a year later and still no flyby view?

11 Likes

I feel like these cameras are necessary to make a good sim, thank you!

4 Likes

I spend more time updating the sim than actually flying it. And still no flyby view.
Oh well, back to DCS.

5 Likes

Yes it does if you leave lock on

1 Like