Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

good that some topics comes on top from time to time … +1

2 Likes

A basic Flyby view shouldn’t have to be a thing we vote for! … It should of been included from day one!,…hey like every other flight sim in existence today. This important and immersive feature was asked for by myself and many others early on over and over in the alpha and beta stages, now after the public release and a year later and 5 major updates and STILL no flyby views.
Sadly we have a ridiculous and convoluted pain in the butt drone system and limited external views and limited zoom which zooms into everything and not just your plane…oh unless you like flying a separate drone as well as your aircraft!
Asobo and Microsoft have done amazing things with MSFS, it is awesome and kudos to all involved, but the external views are beyond terrible and leaving out a basic flyby/tower view etc (without resorting to ridiculous drone fiddling) is both sad and puzzling. Hopefully they will resolve these issues soon…though after so long since i last mentioned the lack of flyby, i dont hold out much hope for our beloved flyby in 2021…or 2022…or 2023…maybe by 2030 it will be implemented :rofl:

9 Likes

We don’t need unlimited zoom.
What we need is the ability to move the external camera without zooming it, so that we can get an appropriate combination of zoomlevel and distance to the plane.

And of course, we need that flyby cam!

7 Likes

I am a little confused now, which external camera?
Just use the drone camera and control with WASD & FR & NUMPAD 4,6,8,2
The “External camera” is full of HUD anyway … it’s more for flying than for looking at the scenery

1 Like

Yes, that external camera.
No, the drone is the drone.
I want to be able watch the aircraft from an external cam and comand it at the same time, if needed or wanted. The external cam needs to have at least the funtions that are standard. Not being able to adjust the distance to the aircraft is backwards. We already had this in the previous millennium. It’s not some complicated new stuff.

The drone a nice to have gimmick, but no replacement for standard external cameras.

7 Likes

Could not agree more. Perfectly put.

2 Likes

As a reminder, FlyBy and Tower views are still on track for 2021. They’re listed on the Feedback Snapshot, and they were mentioned in a recent Q&A as well.

9 Likes

thanks for the screenshot, good to know!

2 Likes

Check out the other Feedback Snapshot slides as well, there are a lot more votes regarding improvements for the avionics, autopilot, turboprops, Deluxe/Premium aircraft and more. This topic is in position #38 on the Wishlist snapshot.

1 Like

I use to do my own air shows in FSX using Tower View.

4 Likes

Yeah, I often see people wing walking while flying their aircraft … as well as ones behind their aircraft in balloon baskets with remotes for their aircraft … jeez … stay in the cockpit when flying lol

3 Likes

Agreed. One of the great features of FSX

4 Likes

Just voted on this. It would absolutely be fantastic to have these camera views back.

Just to add, I see a few people referring to the drone cam as “useless”. I don’t agree with that at all. The drone cam is a fantastic tool and with a bit of creativity we can make some truly splendid presentation videos with it. Unfortunately for precision views like tower and fly by, it just doesn’t cut it.

3 Likes

Yeah, drone cam has it’s uses, but it seems like more of a “power user” function than something that really replaces the 4 or 5 standard external views you found in almost every other simulator on the market. It can do awesome stuff, but it adds a lot of complexity when you literally just want to get a flyby, or a tower view, or an external view that’s different than the other “chase” view.

Also the fact that the drone and your plane can’t be controlled at the same time confuses me a bit. It would add a lot more flexibility if that were the case . . .

1 Like

Pressing C should give you aircraft control while using the drone. I have not checked recently though so I’m not sure if it’s still working as intended.

1 Like

Last I checked that basically toggles control between aircraft and drone. You can switch between which you control, but never actually control both concurrently. I haven’t flown for a month or so though so that behavior could have changed!

1 Like

Then I guess it did change more recently, I don’t think I’ve tried to use this function for several months now. I can’t check today, but tomorrow I will let you know about its current state!

I just checked and you are correct, it’s a toggle between plane and drone camera controls. I agree that, if there are at least two input methods, they could allow for both to be controlled at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah and the camera was invented in 1888, the motion camera in 1891. You know, that device which captures the action from outside the object… You are about 130 years behind the curve

1 Like

LMAO … No. The device captures the action from the eye’s point of view.
There was no drone camera in 1891.
There still is no camera that can fly you behind your aircraft and take pictures as you fly then magically fly you and it in through the window of your aircraft.

Post me a picture of someone flying their aircraft in real life from that viewpoint … really? You can’t?

1 Like