Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

Wish someone at Asobo can tell us why it is so difficult to bring this to MSFS. Surely it is much simpler and faster to do than all these regional upgrades etc

1 Like

1989 - https://youtu.be/eNFp25bFuTI?t=340

You can do it too Asobo! I trust you!

This has been delayed to 2022 according to the latest Feedback Snapshot.

From a personal POV, these camera angles go hand in hand with replay functionality. Hopefully we see both come close together.

1 Like

Most home cockpit users want a forward view without instruments since we have hardware panels.
A HUD only view like Xplane has is also welcomeā€¦
Also, youā€™ll get higher fps without a ā€œvirtual ā€œ cockpit view in other sims too so we all will benefit from thisā€¦

On the assumption that MSFS-2020 is an upgrade to MSFS-X, please restore the ability to do a Fly-By/Flyby view. This is extremely useful when recording flight videos to share with others.

6 Likes

Only if we can have the multi veiwports back and 2-d window as well ;p

I donā€™t want to get into Asobo bashing, but having used MSFS since version-1 in the 80ā€™s I am quite surprised that they didnā€™t ā€œimproveā€ it, but started all over again with a new interface to learn and leaving out features that we used in MSFS-X. Itā€™s too bad we are now having to ask for them as ā€œwish listā€ items.

2 Likes

Itā€™s too bad indeedā€¦

I can understand the recoding/newcoding to create a sim for the 21st century using modern hardware and software. For the most part I love what theyā€™ve done, and donā€™t want to go back to MSFS-X. What I donā€™t understand is why wasnā€™t the functionality of MSFS-X the starting point? Why the glaring errors of omission that even a year after release have not been rectified? Suffice it to say, I hope they put a high priority to restoring missing functionality versus additional bells and whistles. I will stop second guessing them now, and leave them to it. Hopefully they have learned something regarding what is and isnā€™t important to the users.

Perfectly summarized!

I vote for tower flyby views. It should have been available since day 1.

2 Likes

As it was, together with the fly-by view, 15 YEARS AGO in FSX AND its predecessors,
AND ASI T IS NOW, October 2021, in ALL the other flight simulators I am aware ofā€¦
But well, Asobo keeps on adding new features,
instead of addressing this issues and the many bugsā€¦

This is an absolute must! Especially with replay mode coming to MSFS.

I have recorded many takeoffs and landings from tower view in XP11, it is such a good view for recording them. Iā€™d really like to see this added to MSFS along with the replay functionality

1 Like

Especially when flying the Reno raceā€¦

Yes please, yes please, yes please!!! :airplane:

1 Like

Playback recordings in the MSFS are created as a ReplayDesc file. It is possible to change the f18atl.ReplayDesc video file to .mp4 or some other file extension so it can be viewed somewhere besides in the MSFS game.

Tower ATC please!
Pied Piper

I was one of the first to support this change and I come back here from time to time to see how it evolves.

I would like to add something to rpg1942ā€™s comment: " I can understand the recoding/newcoding to create a sim for the 21st century using modern hardware and software. For the most part I love what theyā€™ve done, and donā€™t want to go back to MSFS-X. What I donā€™t understand is why wasnā€™t the functionality of MSFS-X the starting point? ā€¦"

Iā€™m afraid that actually the old FSX code has been reused, but without going deep enough to understand its functionality and flaws. Take this example:
In the Cessna classic (but also in other aircraft), if you use the two keyboard commands to rotate the heading bug, at first glance they seem to work. In fact, the command for counterclockwise rotation works as it should. The clockwise one works if you hold the key down briefly, for small movements. But if you hold it down longer, you will see that the cursor starts to rotate without stopping. No more commands can be given, so you have to close MSFS via task manager.

I reported this defect on zendesk from the beginning, but nothing ever happened.

What few people know (or remember), however, is that this identical defect was also present in FSX in the beginning. If I remember correctly it took them more than a year to fix it. I conclude that since the probability that exactly the same programming error could have been repeated is very low, parts of the old FSX code were copied, and unfortunately from the initial version, without the corrections and optimisations made by ACE afterwards.

1 Like

A very astute analysis and conclusion. I like it! Not sure that it will change anything, but still interesting to read these kinds of comments.

1 Like