Can we have the ESC key functional again please?

Since SU5 it’s no longer possible to resume the flight by pressing ESC or the menu button of the gamepad in the options menu. You have to move the mouse cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and click on Resume.
Why did Asobo remove this function? Very annoying, please bring it back.

Try to bind ESC key to “Exit pause” (not sure of the exact name) in Keyboard Controls.

3 Likes

“PAUSE OFF” is the setting to map

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, I would have never found it without your hint. I was looking for “resume”…

1 Like

So you bind ESC to SET PAUSE OFF. Ok.
And now how do you set pause on in this case? Normally ESC is used for that.

Bind set pause on
“P” for example.

Nope, below default keyboar settings

Sounds like a bug, not intentional.

There is another issue to some of these responses and that is the logbook, which deserves, actually requires, significant attention. It is difficult, and even a moving target, to accurately record actual flight time. The various methods of pausing all allow the flight time clock to continue counting. It appears that the use of Esc has become the preferred method to attend to other demands from life while accurately logging flight time. And now even the Esc routine is coming under fire!

What is actually needed here is a real logbook function and a logbook related pause routine. Not workarounds. Due to study time in type, with engines not even started, my Profile Logbook shows over twice the number of hours than I have actually flown. I credit Microsoft for also developing MS Excel, where I can separately be effective in logging my actual hours “in flight”. That should not be needed. Previous versions of MSFS did not present these issues.

Please allow me to let out my two pet dachshunds when they have the need, while effectively pausing both the simulator and the logbook counter. And please modify the logging routine so that only “wheels up” time is logged. Otherwise this is just a blind-to-reality video game! I am a former pilot, a retiree, and a flight simulation enthusiast!

2 Likes

Doesn’t it already do this? In my experience, only wheels up (flight) time is logged since I got the sim in January. eg. I fly Gunpilot’s challenges quite often, which go for about 3 hours and get about 1.5 hours flight time logged because of all the time we spend on the ground in total at each landing spot (usually 20-25 landings).

The “confusing” logbook behavior has been a known bug for a very long time. See …

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-showing-00-00-time-and-no-takeoffs-and-landings-still-an-issue-in-1-12-13-0/327325/212?u=nenenui

Hello,
I don’t know when this was fixed, but it’s fixed now. You can press Esc to get out of pause.

So I am marking this Resolved.