Can we please have a T6 Harvard variant Asobo?

I am enjoying the new T6. It has some quirks, and somewhat questionable sound characteristics, but overall it is a fun aircraft and well done. Now, I am asking Asobo to use their work and do just a bit more development, and give us a Harvard too.

Some pointers…

1. Harvards (both Mk2 and Mk4) typically had a longer exhaust running out from the engine, to the upper right wing just abeam of the pilot’s seat. The Texans have the short and stubby exhaust.

2. Harvards (both Mk2 and Mk4) typically had a longer rearmost canopy (behind the rear seat) than the Texans. The basic shape may be seen on your “Gunslinger” model. That was a Harvard Mk 2 originally.

3. “Gunslinger” also has the basic front instrument panel of the Mk2. It could be used almost as it is, with some modern accessories removed again. The Mk4 panel was different again from both Mk2 and Texans.

4. If modeling a Mk2, you would need more window frames in the canopy. Look at a Mk2 from the side and you will see 8 panes of glass along the side (not counting the front windshield.) If modeling a Mk4, there are less panes of glass.

More work Asobo? of course. BUT the base work is there as a foundation from which to begin. There are probably a lot of people who would like to see a Harvard addon. It was used so widely all over the world.

A good source of info would be the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association at Tilsonburg, Ontario.

Hi @KJKerr,
The best place to post this is in the #self-service:wishlist category.

The wishlist is community voting of features you would like to see added, changed or removed from MSFS.

Currently, there isn’t a #self-service:wishlist topic on this request. If you want, you may click on the pencil icon and change the location of your topic to #self-service:wishlist

Thanks for the advice. Done!

1 Like

What’s a harvard?

The T6 Texan is known by that name in the USA. But the aircraft was called Harvard by most of the other allied nations around the world. The Harvard was manufactured under license in Canada, and had differences from the Texan. Globally it is probably better known than the Texan as it was flown by Canada, Britain, New Zealand, South Africa, France, Netherlands, Norway… and many more nations.

Here is an image of the changes that would be needed to adapt an existing Asobo T6 into the Harvard 2.

We can hope…

2 Likes

In addition the british Harvards had the Spitfire stick

1 Like

The Asobo’s “Gunslinger” has the Spitfire stick

1 Like

My Gotcha:
Reinstalled with no success and sent ticket to zendesk.

My father flew the Harvard II when at Medicine Hat in Canada (34 SFTS) 1943 and at Ternhill.

Still hoping someone will give us a Harvard… Two years later… (Reminds me of when I watched Spongebob with my daughter when she was a child!!) - LOL