Canadair CL415 Unflyable

For me the plane is unflyable… keep nose diving or sky rocketing… this is a roller coaster even with the control on neutral and trim does not change that behavior…

Flew perfectly fine on my maiden flight just now. As usual make sure you have no interfering addons or addon settings and that the flight model is set to Modern.

4 Likes

Maybe check that you have the correct elevator axis bound. One of them will switch from one extreme to the other, with just the slightest movement on the bound control.

Make also sure to restart after install.
And be careful with the throttle. If you use a controller it’s very likely possible that you set reverse thrust.

Like others here, it wasn’t unflyable for me, either.

In fact, I found it to trim nicely.

Check your controls and give it another go.

I found the issue… As soon as I lever the gear up, the trim goes to max up (10)… I have checked my bindings and there is no trim assigned to the gear button so this is crazy…

1 Like

That is pretty weird.

It def didn’t happen to me when I used my Bravo to raise the gear.

Maybe do a search for “trim” for all of your controllers’ assignments

Uninstall and Reinstall might be worth trying.

It flies but the Flight Model is really unimpressive in any aspects. It flies really like an empty plastic toy.

The plane is released clearly unfinished and I hope it will be improved till 2024 release. It should have given us a very good impression of the things to come but… not the case imho.

The water physics are not even at the level of 3rd party or other flying boats in the sim that have retractable landing gear.

Mine flies ok