Canary Airports

Hello! Looking forward to trying out the newly updated Canary Islands scenery with the latest update!

I’m wanting to know if there are any good suggestions for good payware or freeware addons for airports in the isles? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey, my friend. Here’s a link to a map that shows some third-party airports available right now. Not sure if any are freeware, but it is a start. I don’t see any additional airports near the Canaries. Enjoy your search. Hopefully others will chime in if they know of some.

I don’t see any payare or freeware airports with that map unfortunately.

There are sections along the left-hand side… 3 specifically for Orbx, Aerosoft , and Other Developers.

Here’s a snippet to show what I see:

i meant for the Canary Isles like the OP was asking about

Oh, I agree. I did say there weren’t any there for the Canaries, but it is a good map to show some third-party stuff if you’re looking for other airports.

Sorry for the confusion. Have a blessed day.

check this map out for thousands of mostly-freeware:

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Scenery Map » Flightsim.to

2 Likes

Nice! I appreciate that tip. And here is a payware offering for GCLA (link).

Teneriffe South, La Palma & La Gomeira airports have been done very well by SimWings&Aerosoft. They’re in sale, so if you want to have a look… :slight_smile:

1 Like

these look great!

Hi
Here is the link of my vidéo review of GCLA by sim-wings ans GCVF by MK studio .
If that Can help you …

If you enjoy the vid dont hesitate to sub or :+1: thé Channel :wink:

2 Likes

I would say, the best improvement currently possible for the Canaries are the Scenery packs by Island Creations. They have done every island one by one. Not cheap, but this level of detail makes this the best spot to fly. I have all the payware airports in the region and think this is a very much more worthy purchase. They also have a bundle offer
https://secure.simmarket.com/island-creations-gran-canaria-aerial-imagery_scenery-msfs.phtml

how do those jive with the latest world updates though? seems they have clashing parts, DEMS and Ortho imagry

They work awesome along with the latest WU. The WU did add a DEM, and there is currently a problem with third party DEMs in .bgl format. Their DEMs work, but suffer audio and video stuttering as do all DEMs not made by ORBX (.cgl DEM) I don’t use them until a solution is found. Same for Taburet Canaries DEM. The scenery though is amazing. MSobo has these Islands looking green, and they do not. Trees removed/changed. Completely reworked to be as true as possible, also adding in towns/buildings Docks etc. I wish they would cover more Islands around the globe. Coming into La Gomera on RWY 9 looks real

1 Like

I have all the payware airports at the Canary Islands. Because I am mostly interested in Gran Canaria, I bought the Island Creations Gran Canaria and copied the three Premium Plus (V1.0) and the 2 m Mesh (V1.3) into my Community directory. This costs 56.8 GB of disc space, and RAM is used to 23 GB in my case, but you get a really wonderful scenery, where you find your hotel, and a first impression of MSFS 2030 with Tera-/Petabytes of local data. The fact that impresses me most is that the fps stays stable high (60 → 57). Great work! Clear recommendation, but you should have a lot of disc space, if you use the bundle price for 5 islands. Be careful. :grinning:

1 Like