Canary Mesh

Man, has the Canary Islands mesh been upgraded? I just flew into La Gomera and the relief and contours looked really great. Very high details with cliffs and valleys and mountains looking crisp. No mods!

1 Like

Got a new mesh with the Iberia World Update

2 Likes

gotcha. it’s very impressive. do you know what meter mesh it is now?

1 Like

2m or 5m. Don’t remember

2 Likes

The mesh data are much better but I feel the textures are lacking somewhat.

2 Likes

yeah i saw some texture issues spread around as well. hopefully they’ll fix those one day. or someone will put out a mod where they clean them up. but not as bad as Hawaii

ORBX did a major update on the textures in Xplane but even they are very hit and miss. I had much argument with them over Lanzarote in particular (my second home), but they refused to agree with me despite my sending them photos I had taken over a number of years.

The problem is the Google and Bing data. From higher altitudes it looks green. Zoom in to VFR heights, say 1500 feet, and it’s desert-like. However to implement that we’d need multiple textures sets. So we are stuck with an unsatisfactory compromise, so much so, that I no longer enjoy “flying” there in the game.

1 Like

ah thats a bummer. yeah that can happen when you know a place too well IRL. sometimes ignorance is bliss :wink:

1 Like