Cannot close the rear door on the TBM 930 AAU1

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:
Opens fine. Cannot see how to close it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
(very foggy day here too)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Got myself into position to see the door handle, but it is not clickable, nor is the lock button inside the plane by the rear door.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

From inside the aircraft, grab the door handle and drag the handle in a forward direction.

I wish they had modeled the function of this button:

Isn’t that to open it?

But once it is open, the handle becomes completely unclickable, so I can’t close it.

No. It’s a drag rearward to open.

I just tested it for you before I wrote my last post, so it is definitely working here for me.

Perhaps it’s the Legacy vs. Lock interaction model? I’m on Lock, as I use an Xbox and have no option for Legacy.

1 Like

That might be it. The door handle is certainly completely unclickable here once the door is open.

I spent 15 mins trying to close it, and just nothing doing.

I tried from inside, from outside, on the handle, the button etc etc etc.

Pilot’s door works fine.

Rear door opens fine. Just can’t close it.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

unable to open rear door

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

No

No problem to open rear side door. Tested on Asobo Livery.

I can open the rear door (sometimes), it’s a struggle. Closing it before I run out of battery or fuel is another thing. Anyone know of a quick and reliable way to perform these actions?

So as you can see above, I reported this on day 1 of the AAU1 beta, and 7 weeks later, it’s been completely ignored and not fixed in the release, which only backus up what I’ve been saying elsewhere, that the devs don’t pay a lot of attention to what we write here.

Anyway, for now this is no longer a problem for me as for the last 10 days I cannot even start the sim, CTDing during initial sim load every time with an empty community folder, safe mode, with 4 different GFX drivers, with nothing else running on the machine, across multiple, mulitple attempts.

I’ve reported that too in the forums multiple times with detailed reports and not heard from Asobo once about this showstopper issue.

So I just resigned the beta programmes for the future. They are pointless.

I wasted so many hours writing details reports about something like a dozen issues and got nothing back and no fixes.

I don’t do futile jestures, so I’m done with betas.

1 Like

I’m surprised by your reaction here.

You’ve got people, including me, that have tested the door and found it working.

What that says is the issue isn’t as binary as you’re suggesting.

If the devs test it and find it working, too, then it isn’t as simple a fix. First they have to replicate it.

If we were all reporting that the issue was 100% repeatable, then, perhaps, your reaction to the issue not being fixed would be warranted.

Folks - the status is Bug Logged per the tag near the title field above, so Dev Team was able to repro. Now it has to await any remediation and timeline to fix. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Same problem. It is not possibel to close the back door. This door should have a button on the front panel. Same for the missing pilots. They should learn something from other vendors.

Same problem. The click point for closing the side door does nothing.

Really.

Just because your car didn’t break down doesn’t mean there isn’t a fault which is causing other people’s cars to break down.

Are you one of those people who drives past people who have broken down and yells out the window that yours is working fine.

This kind of thinking is entirely unhelpful.

Most software works just fine for most people.

So shall we just ignore the faults. Make the whole thing a lottery. If yours doesn’t work, tough luck. Get a different hobby.

That is the only logical conclusion from your thinking.

1 Like

It was a part of the beta!! And was reported very early in that beta. They did nothing about it in 7 weeks and released a knowingly faulty beta.

Interesting that the earlier TBM930 mod got it right first time yonks ago.

Ok it’s not a showstopper, but the 1.30.12.0 constant CTD on initial sim load which I have been reporting ever since 1.30.12.0 came out is a show stopper and they’ve done nothing about that either.

Can you tell how unimpressed I am.

1 Like

Is there a language barrier here?

You are completely misunderstanding me and I’m sorry that is the case.

When a bug is reported, it needs to be reproduced. Usually in QA, we apply a percentage value to the ability to reproduce the issue — 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, etc.

I’m am not saying you don’t have an issue. I believe you. The problem is I, and others here, can’t reproduce what you are experiencing, however some can. Therefore, it is entirely possible the developers can’t reproduce it either. If they can’t reproduce it, they can’t fix it.

Do you understand, now, what I am trying to say?

On top of that, just because they identify it doesn’t mean they can or will get it fixed before final release.

1 Like

Yes sorry. It’s not you.

I’m just getting fed up with a reporting system which has left me with a completely unusable sim on a computer which runs all my other stuff perfectly, and completely ignored by Asobo for 10 days now.

I’m a computer techie of many years at a high level. I know how to test stuff. I’ve been to hell and back stripping out everything here which could affect it and it has resolutely failed to start in 10 days, since 1.30.12.0 beta.

And even such an absolute fault gets you zero response from the devs, and they dare to ignore the fault which others have too, and release 1.30.12.0, the very beta which caused the fault.

The devs just seem to do what they want, and then come on their Q&A all smiley about how great it all is and how they have just increased the complexity of the sim still further with new addons which are not needed while many serious bugs still exist.

I don’t expect perfection. No software is perfect. But a consistent nonstart is something which should have been dealt with before releasing the final 1.30.12.0

Before 1.30.12.0, the sim was running beautifully here. Smooth, stable animation and exellent long, reliable, consistent performance flights.

Since 1.30.12.0 I cannot even start it.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but I can’t open the front left cockpit door using the mouse on Xbox Series X. The handle highlights in blue when I hover the mouse over it, it turns yellow when I click the left mouse button, but it won’t open when I drag the mouse to the left or right. Am I missing something here? Very confusing.

Have you pressed the Unlock button just forward of the handle? When you do so, the green/white striped indicator just aft of the handle with change to red/white to indicate the door is unlocked.

You can then manipulate the door handle and, thus, the door.

When you close the door, you will need to push the door handle fully down to re-lock the door.

1 Like

I did not notice the unlock button, so that must be it. Will try it next time. Thanks.

1 Like