Cannot complete update (funny!)

I’ve never had a problem updating, but today it’s trying to download the 787 KLM livery, and it get part way through, then just keeps going back to the beginning.

It downloaded a few small files fine before it got to that one.

Is there anything I can do to get it to finish?

The funny part?. I only have standard edition, and cannot use the 787 anyway.

1 Like

I started downloading the update last night in order to use my night time data. It stopped at 2 GB. Closed the sim and started it again. Continued the update and this morning it also did 2 GB while consuming almost 30 GB of my night data. Needless to say I’m fed up and angry.

It is not updated, it stays in a loop and does not advance … any recommendations …?
Thanks.

OK, I found this link and number 3 is working for me. I had to limit the DL speed to 600Kbit, so it is VERY slow, but is working.

ME too by me it stops st 800megabyte its so annoying

Close it and start it again. Like I said mine does it too.

Hello and thanks for your answer … If I have done it several times and the update still does not download … (it keeps a loop and does not progress) I have tried several options such as restarting the router, emptying the community folder etc … but nothing so I can see myself uninstalling and reinstalling the simulator from 0 …

Have you tried restarting the PC? If it comes down to a fresh reinstall and you have a friend with the game, start the download then stop it after a gig or 2. Copy the friend’s MicrosoftFlightSimulator folder located in C:/ users, name, appdata, roaming and paste it on your computer in the same location. start the game and when it checks for updates it will see you already have everything. This is the steam version mind you. I always keep a copy of the latest game folder on a backup HDD. I hope I could provide some help to you.

Hello and thanks again … I don’t have anyone I know who has the FS202 but with this program it seems to work for me …

Well it seems that there is a solution … that if you have to be patient … and that is using this program (https://www.netlimiter.com/) that limits the download speed … little by little it goes downloading and there is no loop anymore …
I have it limited to 2Mb and it works for me … so in I do not know how many hours I will be able to continue enjoying it … I said patience that is the mother of all sciences …

I started mine this morning and it downloaded like a beast no hassles. Im glad you got it sorted though. Don’t worry about it taking long, the glass cockpit screens seems to be black again. FML

1 Like

Same problem here. My update got stuck around 2,6GB.
There seems to be an endless loop at:
Loading asobo-aircraft-a320neo-0.1.82.fspatch.

This message appears in an endlessloop, download - install - download - install - …

Had exactly the same problem. I’ve restarted MSFS numerous times and with the next aircraft the same loop happened.

To fix this issue I had to delete MSFS (for the first time) and re-install from scratch…

Mine did that with the caravan.

Well finally updated … but it seems a shame to me that in the middle of 2021 we have to do juggling games for a simple update …

Mines finished the main update, but I had to use netlimiter for the content manager update also, that’s still in progress…

Same here…I’ve been trying to update since it came out, still cannot. Probably close to 24 hours of trying to download, changing settings, using netlimiter, etc. Come home from work, mess around with FS till bedtime, repeat. I cant believe it STILL gets stuck on decompressing random files on every update. It will usually download for about 3 minutes, then screw up. I’ve had to use NetLimiter in the past, set to 4MB, but now even 50KB wont work. I’ve run out of ideas.

I’ve done everything in the Asobo checklist for download/decompression issues. Nothing helped.

I’m too frustrated to continue.

Hi, same with me. Got stuck loading some base pack (1.62 or so). Loading part 001, loading pert 002, write, decompressing and then the show starts again and again. Will try to redice net speed as recommended but loading a simple update should not be a problem n 2021, or?

I’ve had a major complication now, you can read about it linked below. All I can say is it appears I’m no longer able to even launch the sim, even after a complete, fresh reinstall from Steam.

Be careful repeatedly trying to update if you have this looping issue!

The servers that they run the updates from are an efing joke. It’s the limited bandwidth @ the servers that can’t keep up with the demand so they keep resetting the downloads and that is what causes the looping.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.