Cannot Down Load Yesterday’s Latest Update ...Stuck in Loop!

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
OK tried that
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
I am trying to download the new update with Benelux countries etc, but every time I try it gets stuck around 2.8 Gb downloaded and keeps looping on the same bit but never finishes
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Started FS2020 and it automatically tries to download. Much prefer to be able to fly and then download when I want
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?no not yet

Hopefully something here will help…

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop

What file package are you stuck at? In my case, I was stuck at Bonanza G36 update. The advice was to go to Bonanza folder, look for a file with the latest date and delete it. The advice also said, never delete any folder, just files. I went to search for Bonanza folder, and found out that for some reason the installer deleted it completely and that is why the installer was stuck (could not find right folder and overwrite files). In my case the solution was simple, just copied other bonznaza folder with MSFS liveries (has exactly the same files as normal Bonanza) and renamed to a normal Asobo Bonanza (just have to delete the livery part in the name) it so the installer could see the files and overwrite them. After that, the installation went smooth and updated Bonanza works perfectly.

So ridiculous that Asobo cannot make an installer than actually works.

1 Like

Many thanks for your help both of you…I thought it was hanging up on the TBM 930. Went to look for the file per the instructions attached and couldn’t find anything so I tried the other fix for the larger files. Did this and tried again and it worked ! Yahoo! I really do agree that this whole process should be made a lot easier as I’m no young ‘un at 58 so it’s hard for me figuring this out…but having helpful people around like you is great. I started out with the original FlightSim in the 80’s ! Thanks again…JB

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was moved into this topic.

Can’t download current update, seems to be in a loop and hangs up. No error messages. Tried rebooting, no luck. Can anyone help?

Hi @mg53tc,
I’ve moved your post into this topic. The wishlist category is for adding/changing things in MSFS.

Might want to take a look at the topic I moved yours into. There is also an FAQ about the “looping” here:
Download stuck on packages / Install loop & Decompressing issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Hope this helps!