Cannot even start batteries - All aircraft

Hi everyone, the latest version came up, after a long wait for downloading the million GB update, I finally got to launch the game and ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶f̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ witness how things got worse!

I am now unable to even switch on batteries of any aircraft. I emptied my community folder to make sure the issue was not coming from any mods.

When trying to switch on batteries, lights or to interact with any instruments, a blue color appear on buttons which later turn yellow if I click on my mouse. But nothing happens. The AI pilot will not even help to start the aircraft anymore. The game is just totally unplayable.

Any solution? Anyone else having the same issue?
Thank you everyone.

Same here (to a degree). Some controls appear to operate and flick over (like strobe), however Bat and Avionic controls on the Cessana 172 don’t change. Likewise clicking the Yoke changes it to yellow but it doesn’t hide.
Can anyone help?

1 Like

This is so frustrating. I cannot determine if the problem is my settings or if this is common to others. Being unable to hide the yoke is symptomatic of other problems eg control of the Bat & Alt switches.
Leaving aside other SU5 reports (which imply some flight), if I’m starting cold-n-dark and can’t even engage the battery then I’m literally stuck on the ground.
I’m using a PC which worked fine pre SU5. Post SU5 I have tried both Lock and Legacy, my mouse is set to default and Cockpit Interaction is set: Pri=LMB, Sec=RMB. I’ve tried other planes (Cessna 152, Icon A5) but these also do not switch on. With accessibility set to Lock the Yoke changes colour (blue on mouseover, yellow onclick) but does not hide. In Legacy there is no colour change. In both Lock and Legacy the master BAT and ALT switches do nothing.
Any suggestions?

If a CTRL-E works from a Cold & Dark on both the C-152 and C-172 G1000, the problem is likely with either a key binding of a hardware control sticking.

Thanks. CTRL-E starts the engine. At least now I can fly. Its strange that the Master Bat & ALT and Avionic Bus switches stay off, they also don’t change state during the check list. Being unable to hide the Yoke is also irritating. Hopefully a SU5 patch will fix these issues.

That’s strange. I’ve flown all my preferred GAs - C172 G1000, C152, TBM and I can hide the yokes on all of them. Glad CTRL-E worked for you!

Yep, getting this on all aircraft. Haven’t tested Ctrl E yet, but the battery and alternator switches are non-functional. They don’t even highlight when you click the eye in the checklist.

Just tested the 152, 172 and the 787. They all are starting up ok and all the switches are working.

The 172 was a bit tricky because I didn’t notice that the red fuel valve lever was in the cutoff position when starting the flight cold & dark.

Hi There. Yes, very frustrating. I have had this issue since the last update. I think I read somewhere that this will be addressed around about the 25 Aug. I think they are aware of the problem, although I understand that it doesn’t affect everybody. Anyway, looking forward to being able to play the game.

Yep that bugger (cut off) hides behind the mic cable.

Since SU5 there has been several patches. Unfortunately none of them have fixed the issue mentioned by OP with my system. I read elsewhere about changing cockpit interaction between Lock and Legacy modes however in either mode I still can’t hide the yoke or change the Bat/AVI switches.
Just to confirm under controls > Mouse, the cockpit primary interaction is controlled by LMB, hence other aircraft controls work normally e.g. I can left click a control (which changes from Blue to Yellow) and change its state. By hovering over the yoke it changes to Blue, clicking it changes to Yellow, however it doesn’t hide.
Anyone else with this issues? Any suggestions?

Found a solution!
Since SU5 as mentioned my Avionics Master (Cess 152/172) switches failed to operate and I could not hide the Yoke.
In case it helps others, I removed A320neo folder from my community folder and restarted. I can now switch on avionics, battery switches and hide the yoke.
For info this is on a PC with Cockpit Interaction set to Lock.

1 Like