Cannot Find => Local Cache folder

I’m told this is where the cache resides. I’m using Steam. I cannot find this folder set anywhere on my computer. I know the path where it is supposed to be, but it is not there. Also, I’m told there should be a OneStore folder, but there is not. Why would these folders be missing? MSFS won’t work without the “Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” folders, but MSFS runs for me. I’m getting terrible caching problems while trying to develop scenery. Using Windows on a PC.

isn’t in this folder ? C:\Users\userID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
then I got various subfolder for scenery cache , cache etc (l m using steam version)

That’s where I thought it should be. I have a SceneryCache folder, but it is always empty. I’m deleting the SceneryIndexes folder and that helps. But I sure cannot find that cache folder. I have “Evereything” (a program that searches the whole computer for a file) and it tells me it doesn’t exist. (Thank you!)

If you do not have the Rolling Cache turned on, there will be nothing in that file.

Thank you, I always wondered why it was MT…I don’t use the rolling cache. So I learned something there.

1 Like