Cannot Get Honeycomb Bravo To Work

I have been flying FS 2020 with an Alpha and Logitech Throttle boxes while waiting months for the Bravo to arrive and trying to get my single engine Cessna 172 . I disengaged the Logitech Throttle and installed the Bravo. Upon recommendation I followed the instructions in Honeycomb Bravo GA Single Engine Configuration (Throttle, Mixture, TOGA) - YouTube.

I removed all the entries for leaving only Throttle 1 and Mixture 1 saving the control profile as shown in the screen

The Throttle is plugged into the 2nd slot from the left and the mixture the third.

When I start the engine and attempt to check that Throttle the instrument panel shows movement on the throttle but won’t get up near take off speed. Then the instrument panel goes dark.

Can someone please help me sort this,

Henry

Moved to Self-Service, Periphals for better visibility

Click on the “Reverse Axiz” boxes…

I tried that no effect.

I would suggest this video. It’s one of the better Bravo throttle setup videos I’ve seen.

This post and thread may help. There are a couple of issues with the Bravo that are very easily fixed - suggest you watch all of rmag’s videos ont he subject, but see more here:

Some of this is no longer relevant as the 10 dgree bug has been fixed - which makes things a lot easier.

I am attempting to set the sim up as a single engine configuration and followed the process for making a profile for the Bravo. This is a mapping of my current settings for Throttle and Mixture.

I am not able to validate these settings as the bars do not move when I click on validate. Am I missing something. After assignment I click on validate and move the two control levers and the white bar does not move. I am assuming that since the won’t validate they are not tested during my configuration attempt. Just trying to get into the air before going any further with

What mag are you talking about and what fixes need to be applied. What mag are you referring to? I did download and install the LED MSFS download on the Bravo site and it appears in the community folder.

What fixes need to be applied?

I am a newbie to MSFS and appear to be in deep doodoo here and need some guidance here.

Henry

He’s referring to helpful Youtube videos by Rmag – a person.

I have done my best to follow the process in the Youtube but am stuck on something as I cannot get the Throttle and Mixture settings to validate, i.e., nothing moves when I attempt to validate.

Really need help here,

Henry

Make sure that you DELETE ALL the axis first.
Select then the new axis control, move it all the way and then validate. Dont forget to reverse the axis. If it doesnt work try another axis (Not Axis2) on the unit…
I see that i also use some different mixture axis.
The propeller axis is not needed for the Cesna, but i use these settings also for other airplanes :wink:

I have created a profile with Throttle 1 assigned,

Control Location 3 ? (Axis) validates - the 3rd slot from the left

2021-04-28_19-57-30

I have no clue why the 3rd slot from the left validates but does not control the throttle.

All I am trying to do is to create control profiles for the Cessna - have done that creating profiles for the Alpha and Beta named Cessna.

Help me if you can,

Henry

I have learned that I can set up my Throttle and Mixture controls by using “Throttle Axis” which apparently are some sort of universal axes thus allowing me to fly planes with one or two engines. My problem was that there were buttons set up for other throttle functions which I had ignored as I never intended to push them any where. Once I cleared those out my Cessna was it’s old self. Also had to clear the auto mixture.

Thought I would share this.

Henry

I’m having similar problems. Got my Bravo today and can’t seem to get it working. Following tips in these forums I have tested it in usb game controllers works ok there. Deleted some bindings and got them re-configured so that throttle white line moves from 0 to 100 as do prop and mixture (just trying single engine setup for now). But when I go into a plane the controls don’t move in the cockpit even though they work in the configuration panel, and now even other controls also don’t work including the alpha yoke and thrustmaster pedals. I’ve tried rebooting but seems like this controller broke all the controllers.

Now even after unplugging the Bravo, the rest of my controllers still no longer work in an aircraft, they seem to work fine in control configuration but nothing in the planes anymore. I also uninstalled the driver for the led lights but still broken. What changes could this have made to my machine to cause all controllers to stop working?

Disregard my issue. I have a button on my Alpha Yoke mapped to pause and somehow that got toggled such that it was on pause when starting a new flight just choosing a plane and a departure airport.
I switched to external view and noticed that when I move the throttle, the actual throttle was not increasing but it made the engine guage move when I moved the throttle. That was just the clue that made me think somehow it was paused, so I toggled the switch on my alpha again and suddenly all my controllers including the new Bravo are working. So all ended well after a bit of struggle.

I am working on autopilot using the Bravo. I can use the rotary nob at the top of the bravo to select Alt and Vs and use the rotary nob on the right to increase/decrease. But it does not work with HDG. I then have to move HD using the screen on the sim display.

Bug?

Henry

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.