Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

It does not come back fixed. It simply returns to showing my co-pilot’s response and nothing else.

1 Like

It’s going to require the MS/Asobo devs to fix it, I’m afraid and that might take some time.

1 Like

Simmer issue. From comments seen from gamers they find ATC distracting and just turn it off :wink:

1 Like

I think it depends on how much (ai/live) traffic is around and what the workload of ATC is. With FSLTL (= more live traffic around) I experience much more ‘voice-off’ than before.

I have seen speculation that this bug is triggered when you change from one ATC frequency to another, and an AI pilot speaks on the current channel as you leave it. Not sure if that is the case.

I just completed a 12 hour flight without experiencing the you you you issue. I had full ATC the entire trip. I noticed the text that appears in the lower center of the screen when ATC - copilot speaks looks different. Text seems smaller and instead of saying copilot: 127.255 for flight 123, it says you: 127.255 for flight 123… It has changed from “copilot” to “you”. These noticeable changes hopefully demonstrate that someone at microasobosoft is actually working on this issue. I will have to do a few more flights before I declare the issue resolved.

2 Likes

This issue happed to me once about a month ago, then three times in my last 7 or 8 flights. Another similar bug is that all coms from ATC are silenced, and the option buttons are disabled.

I haven’t pinned it down, but both scenarios occur after landing during the switch from Tower to Ground control and the status of the co-pilot auto-reply and who is talking (you, atc or co-pilot) when you make the com switch.

1 Like

Wishful thinking I guess. I managed to complete two long flights with no ATC issues then boom the you you you issue returned with a vengeance. Started after 11 minutes of flight in my last attempt. It seems this issue is still going strong. Fingers crossed that someone at Asobo will realize how bad this hurts the sim and how bad this needs to be fixed.

1 Like

It does seem like some conflict with two speakers talking at once over each other or similar radio issues trigger it. Then again sometimes it starts out of a completely quiet flight. Just all of a sudden you notice your copilot answering calls that you did not here. you: you: you: is the only think you hear or see. Only the programmers know how this works and what is causing this. Evidently it is a difficult issue to fix.

I was hoping that this morning’s server migration would help with this issue, but having just started a flight, the ATC conversation has gone one-sided (my aircraft’s co-pilot not speaking, so only hearing controllers and other aircraft).

This has happened before I’ve even started taxiing away from the departure gate :weary:

It had been fine for me since SU10, but have now had this about four flights in a row now - the problem seems to occur in peaks and troughs.

Your issue is opposite mine. I only hear or see my side of the conversation and nothing from ATC or other planes. This is why I have named this issue the you you you issue. All you get is you, nothing from ATC or other aircraft.

2 Likes

Yeh, sometimes it’s one way round (my copilot only, but no controllers) and sometimes the other way (controllers only, but no copilot).

The only constant I’ve had is that, generally, communication between other aircraft and the controllers is unaffected, though I believe I have encountered this on rare occasions.

Reverse You You You does indeed happen sometimes where the AI co-pilot ceases responding to ATC calls and we have to do it manually.

1 Like

Argh. Always seems that one big goes away and another pops up. This ATC thing was ruining the sim for me many months ago and now is back with a vengeance. I recently installed FSLTL Traffic and thought that was the culprit but with the number of people now saying they’ve got this issue again I’m guessing it’s something else.

How can we know if it’s being addressed by Asobo/Azure and not just being discussed by end users?

Amazingly, this still happens almost every time. Also, Azure ATC voice connection is lost all the time.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no addon except liveries

Brief description of the issue:

Sometimes, the atc no longer works.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Random
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

OP didn’t provide

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I just had my first encounter with this horrifying bug. I triggered it when I was handoff to a new channel, and my “contact with blah blah blah” got overlapped with some other transmission. So I heard the controller speaking to someone else, without seeing the text. And then that’s the last time I heard anything. The entire session ended without I ever hearing a thing from ATC. To make things worse I was issued a go-around for something I can’t see (probably the traffic that caused all this. He landed before me), so I had to do an entire go-around without any instructions. After landing, I noticed the ATIS still works but that’s about all. (using ATIS does not fix this. I tried.)

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The attached is my last successful transmission with ATC. After I pressed the button to switch channel to "Tokyo Center (the one I later mentioned 11000ft), I was greeted with a radio transmission to someone else (heard but not texted). And then everything afterwards didn’t receive any reply.

1 Like

I’ve never experienced this until SU11. I get around 10 minutes of full ATC and then all I can hear is the copilot. I can still see the transcripts.

SU11 has new voices and AI programming. So I don’t know if something in there is aggravating it but I suspect it’s a server side issue.

There is some posts from a year ago mentioning to check the com volume.

However, I’ve not seen the com volume implemented in any airplane. If there was, I’d sure be happy to have that feature. The knobs just spin and don’t do anything. I asked WT about it and was told the sim doesn’t allow for volume adjust.

@DaddyGuava How can we know if it’s being addressed by Asobo/Azure and not just being discussed by end users?

At the top of the page it says image so we know it’s been noted.

Until recently, it also said image too but, now you’ve mentioned it, it appears the “investigating” tag has been removed in recent days, so I wonder if that’s a sign that Asobo has identified the problem.

Either way, given this thread dates back well over a year and now has 364 votes, it would be nice to get some communication from Asobo as to what the state of play is with this issue.

1 Like