Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

For all the complaints so far, no one has offered a solution to the problem. I tried, you accepted, tried and even replied. You deserve to make it work for you !

Figured I would share my encouraging experience: I never use COM2, and I don’t (knock on wood) lose ATC sound/voices. I have completed maybe 6 flights this way. Yeah, it’s inconvenient to only use COM1, but…

Anyway, sharing in case anyone wants to try it.

For example, I never use Com2. So this probably has nothing to do with it. If you haven’t had this problem six times, it’s either a coincidence or there’s another reason.

You do not have to use actual voice :slight_smile:
You can decide for each and every flight if you prefer voice or text messages. I use text as well as you do not have to remember everything while concentrated on flying and you can easily read and understand the information written.

Of course this is not 100% real, but in real life you are not alone in the cockpit either, so I guess it is fair enough :wink:

I do not use Com2 either but still have the ATC struggles everyone is talking about :slight_smile:

Bummer. Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the Sim Update 14 Beta?

I will give that a try the next time I fly and I hope others try that too. My understanding of Game Mode is limited but I believe it prioritizes the game process and makes all other processes use fewer CPU cycles so the game will run smoother.

Perhaps the reason that turning off Game Mode helps prevent losing Azure voices is that Azure voices may be created by the sim as a separate process from the main sim process and Game Mode is limiting the Azure process CPU cycles to the point that Azure voice sound fails.

Yes, I was already aware of the role of the game mode and used it because most of the recommendations mention it. However, recommendations can sometimes be overruled if practice on a given night disproves their usefulness. I’m curious to hear others’ findings on this. (You would be the second.)

The last few days, on every single flight I don’t get ATC voices. Copilot still talks, but no ATC at all. Right from the start even, including ATIS.

Very sad :frowning:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes,

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

i use AI piloting for ATC communication only and after the most recent update atc at times gives you a fl change little late now and when it gives it you dont hear the read back have to open atc menu to see if it acknowledged it or not. and when giving a FL change from atc according to the flight plan used it will give the FL then a few seconds later want you to expidite as it was given late

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

unfortanely dont have video atm but can get

nope atc first dat of beta would give perfect decent and fl change but you cant read hear back and you dont get it at a good time for instance when the beta released atc would give me FL change from 360 to 240 and then before i got to 240 about 1500 ft away would give me a new FL but now it goes from 360 to 240 and at about 500 feet before 240 it gives a lower FL then tells you to expidite the deecent. if that makes sense to you was good day one now its back to normal

1 Like

I have tried every solution posted here. I have found ways to make it worse and I have found ways to make it better. But no way to fix it. I do not think this is something the user can fix. I doubt Microsoft can either. Just have to wait to buy third party solutions. To help save up for it, I will stop purchasing from the store.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

PMDG 737-800 (though I believe this occurs for any aircraft)

Brief description of the issue:

I typically hand over ATC chat duties to the first officer on taxi where banter between the ATC and the first officer continues for the duration of the flight. On occasion some new, unexpected voice gets involved in the ATC chatter and as soon as this happens you will not hear from ATC again. The first officer will continue to reply to clearances from a non-existent voice. This does not happen for every flight, but it is fairly frequent, and I did have this happen again on my second flight into this beta. This has been an issue since at least September 2021

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
64.0 GB DDR4
Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 64.0 GB DDR4

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DLSS?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

PMDG 737-800 (though I believe this occurs for any aircraft)

Brief description of the issue:

I typically hand over ATC chat duties to the first officer on taxi where banter between the ATC and the first officer continues for the duration of the flight. On occasion some new, unexpected voice gets involved in the ATC chatter and as soon as this happens you will not hear from ATC again. The first officer will continue to reply to clearances from a non-existent voice. This does not happen for every flight, but it is fairly frequent, and I did have this happen again on my second flight into this beta. This has been an issue since at least September 2021

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
64.0 GB DDR4
Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 64.0 GB DDR4

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DLSS?

Yep, known issue for a while now.

Thanks for the link. With ATC being a focus of this beta thought I’d raise it again here

Folks, sometimes I wonder if this is a way to punish us for talking over other AI aircraft because if you (or the AI copilot) talk while ATC or another AI aircraft is speaking? boom, no more text-to-speech.

We definitely can’t fix it. Asobo definitely could, but at what cost? Given it’s taken two and a half years for them to change one number in the source code from 250 to 2000[1], which is a huge quality of life improvement but an entirely trivial change, then it’s seems clear they don’t have the appetite for putting a lot of effort in this space with MSFS2020.

[1] ATC continuous descent and climb fix

4 Likes

Yes, should finally get fixed in that round of updates!
Please Asobo!